Angel Mothers urge Democrats to fund border wall

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:35 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:15 pm
water<wine wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:50 pm

oh dear, was this meant for me?? surely it was. Your one source has Indians as number one in 2016, I have seen other sources that still put mexico as number one. regardless, 1st, We were discussing ILLEGAL immigrants. Indians are the top holders of H-1B visas( LEGAL immigrants), most are highly educated english speaking and work in STEM fields, so they ARE a tax base. the number of immigrants from india is a drop in the bucket compared to latin america, and again, the majority of indians are DOCUMENTED, central and south americans are not.

Not sure why Americans are OK with Indians taking good high paying jobs from Americans. How about we try and get these corporations to hire Americans first?

And Mexicans make up most of our illegal immigrants because we share a border. But facts are that the numbers have been decreasing for ten years. It is not a crisis, it's business as usual. We have border control doing a good job. Trump's base fell for the hype like the lemmings that they are.

And we have always counted on illegal immigrants and legal immigrants to take the lowest paying jobs. From Irish to Italians to Polish and down the line.
also, people comparing now to the industrial revolution drives me nuts, apples to oranges! THEN- machines and factories exploded on the scene, people went from rural agricultural to urban mechanical over night, those migrants were needed, we also didnt subsidize them. NOW- automation is TAKING jobs, even higher skilled jobs like surgeons and nurses will be replaced by robots and computers. the 1st to go are low skill manual jobs, why are we importing people soon to be unemployed?? and dont just say, new jobs will arise to replace them. 1st, any jobs created will require an education, which these immigrants lack, 2nd, if AI is self learning, they can replace almost any job save a few that require ingenuity. This is the future, we need a plan for population reduction if anything.
Low skilled labor needs change with the times. Now we have a shortage of aides who care for the elderly or disabled. It is almost all done by immigrants.

Another thing that skilled immigration labor does is drive up rents for Americans. The high tech corporations pay people from India and China to work here and also pay for their whole families to come and live here. The corporations pay the rent for these workers and rents are geared towards what the high tech corps are willing to pay, not what the average American can pay.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:50 pm
msb64 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm More than 1 million immigrants arrive in the U.S. each year. In 2016, the top country of origin for new immigrants coming into the U.S. was India, with 126,000 people, followed by Mexico (124,000), China (121,000) and Cuba (41,000).

By race and ethnicity, more Asian immigrants than Hispanic immigrants have arrived in the U.S. each year since 2010. Immigration from Latin America slowed following the Great Recession, particularly from Mexico, which has seen net decreases in U.S. immigration over the past few years.

Asians are projected to become the largest immigrant group in the U.S. by 2055, surpassing Hispanics. Pew Research Center estimates indicate that in 2065, Asians will make up some 38% of all immigrants; Hispanics, 31%; whites, 20%; and blacks, 9%.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... mmigrants/
oh dear, was this meant for me?? surely it was. Your one source has Indians as number one in 2016, I have seen other sources that still put mexico as number one. regardless, 1st, We were discussing ILLEGAL immigrants. Indians are the top holders of H-1B visas( LEGAL immigrants), most are highly educated english speaking and work in STEM fields, so they ARE a tax base. the number of immigrants from india is a drop in the bucket compared to latin america, and again, the majority of indians are DOCUMENTED, central and south americans are not.

2ND, illegal immigrants are vastly overrepresented by Mexico, central america and south america, 70-90% at least according to pew research. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... n-the-u-s/

and this estimate is not that accurate because it is based on the "documented" number of "undocumented" immigrants, (oxymoron if I ever saw one) at 11 million, a new study from yale suggests more than double that at 22 million and as high as 29 million! obviously, undocumented people are not completely traceable but I am betting the trend remains the same or more being from mexico, central america, and south america.

3rd, we were speaking hypothetically, about just "letting them all in", the vast majority of people trying to cross the border are from mexico and the rest of latin america. why do they get priority?

Indians coming more the past few years due to the tech industry and other stem fields, (high paid skilled labor) is not comparable to people taking low skill jobs, driving down wages and becoming financial drains on resources.
I didn't realize that when you posted "I think its discrimination and favoritism to have roughly 90% of all immigrants come from latin America." you meant illegal immigrants. Perhaps proof reading would be a more productive use of your time rather than condescendingly posting responses as if others should have proofed for you?
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:01 pm
ButchersWife wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:03 am
water<wine wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:19 pm

I think its discrimination and favoritism to have roughly 90% of all immigrants come from latin America. why do they get priority?? and skin color isn't a factor for me but merit is. We don't need millions of unskilled illiterate migrants. Automation is going to replace the majority of all manual labor. then what will they do? they are on average 10-20 IQ points lower than the average American. They are a net negative financially. Why would you increase the number of citizens using public aid and not contributing to the system? oh that's right- rich elites LOVE having their 3rd world slave labor and democrats love the free votes of people who are easily manipulated and controlled. immigration is a privilege, not a right.
This is from the Pew Research Center. Great article with factual stats. I think I'm going to post it. Here are the stats for you since wherever you're getting your information is lying to you:

In 2016, 1.49 million foreign-born individuals moved to the United States, a 7 percent increase from the 1.38 million coming in 2015. India was the leading country of origin, with 175,100 arriving in 2016, followed by 160,200 from China/Hong Kong, 150,400 from Mexico, 54,700 from Cuba, and 46,600 from the Philippines. India and China surpassed Mexico in 2013 as the top origin countries for recent arrivals.
oh honey, we are talking about illegal immigrants not legal. you do realize undocumented means undocumented right? 2nd, I am not talking abut one year, but the total number of illegal immigrants in the country over the course of MANY years, most dont leave once they come dear. 3rd, please see my source also from pew research, on percentages of ILLEGAL immigrants. btw, pew uses the incorrect estimate of 11 million illegals, when a yale study has found what everyone living in border states has known to be the true number of at least 19-29 million, 22 million being the estimate. and while (known) new immigration from mexico went down slightly after the recession , it went up from central and south america. you know, like those honduran caravans trying to storm the border?? yeah, so please combine latin america, as I did then compare the percentages.

you can see my other reply for the link.
I was just countering the fact you saying 90% of immigrants come from Mexico. It doesn't say undocumented. Calling me "honey" and it was your f**k up 😂
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

yup. Meanwhile, those European and Asians who fly in....
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am So many people still think “the Wall” will keep their brown skinned enemies out!
Duh.
Locked Previous topicNext topic