Angel Mothers urge Democrats to fund border wall

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 am
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am So many people still think “the Wall” will keep their brown skinned enemies out!
Duh.
Are you really that ignorant to think that wanting to keep illegals out and having them come legally has to do with the color of their skin?

What "so many" people want is a change to the system. From stiff penalties for business who hire illegals, to making the pathway to citizenship easier. LEGAL is the key word. Most of "us" could care less about the color of skin.
That’s not completely accurate. Trump has made his base completely focus on central and South American countries and a wall. Never mind the fact that illegal border crossings have decreased significantly over the past ten years. And nowhere near what is was in the 80’s. As a result 2/3rds of current illegal immigrants have been here at least ten years. This means that they have assimilated well.

Illegal immigrants will always be an issue we have to deal with and work on. But this administration has successfully pumped it as a crisis when it isn’t. Remember the impending invasion that never happened? And they have done so mainly as a deflection on the criminal proceedings currently going on surrounding this president.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 pm
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am So many people still think “the Wall” will keep their brown skinned enemies out!
Duh.
Are you really that ignorant to think that wanting to keep illegals out and having them come legally has to do with the color of their skin?

What "so many" people want is a change to the system. From stiff penalties for business who hire illegals, to making the pathway to citizenship easier. LEGAL is the key word. Most of "us" could care less about the color of skin.
That’s not completely accurate. Trump has made his base completely focus on central and South American countries and a wall. Never mind the fact that illegal border crossings have decreased significantly over the past ten years. And nowhere near what is was in the 80’s. As a result 2/3rds of current illegal immigrants have been here at least ten years. This means that they have assimilated well.

Illegal immigrants will always be an issue we have to deal with and work on. But this administration has successfully pumped it as a crisis when it isn’t. Remember the impending invasion that never happened? And they have done so mainly as a deflection on the criminal proceedings currently going on surrounding this president.
Exactly. We haven’t forgotten that “ why can’t we have more people from Norway” comment trump made...
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm Weird how the dems were so on board with a border wall not so long ago.... but now that push came to shove and the POTUS is ready and willing to actually get the wall done, they are not OK with it. We've been on this merry-go-round since Reagan.

I don't understand why so many citizens of this country are fine with no border. Just let 'em all come in, no problems, it's a big country after all.... but we don't know WHO is coming in, and why they want to come in. That is a huge problem, but it doesn't matter a hill of beans to some.

How many of you who don't want a border wall (or fence, or whatever) lock your doors when you are gone from home, or at night? If you do lock your doors, why do you, if it doesn't matter who comes into the country?
When were the dems on board with a wall?
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WOW!!! And you claim to be nice. You're nothing but a bully. Obviously you have a need to belittle others you don't agree with, so I'll play along with ya. I think I can handle your pathetic high-school-mean-girl attempts to put me down, lmao!
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 pm I don’t “deflect “.
You do demand.
You’re high maintenance .
You’re cranky.
You’re someone I would really not want to know in real life.
Do you have friends outside of this social site? 😆
I doubt it.
Good luck.
You need it.
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 pm I don't "demand" answers, I just find your abilities to deflect amazing so I can't help but notice how often you do that!

I grew up in the country, and we never had a door locked at night.

Congratulations, you completely missed the point of my simple question.
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 pm Why are you always so rude?
Why do you demand answers?
Your questions are usually lame.
But here goes:

I always lock my door, always have .

Is that what you want to know?
What a silly question.

Our family has always locked up. Probably for as long as i can remember. Since the 1940’s?
Not locking your doors is just plain stupid. And it’s not because of illegals! 🤪😂
Anything else you demand to know???

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:28 am
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm But lots of those "brown people" happen to be Catholic. Isn't that part of Christian?

Actually there are Christians who don't consider Catholics to be a part of Christianity

And you're saying they have a double standard when it comes to locking their own doors, but not wanting an actual border, right?
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:57 pm Weird how the dems were so on board with a border wall not so long ago.... but now that push came to shove and the POTUS is ready and willing to actually get the wall done, they are not OK with it. We've been on this merry-go-round since Reagan.

I don't understand why so many citizens of this country are fine with no border. Just let 'em all come in, no problems, it's a big country after all.... but we don't know WHO is coming in, and why they want to come in. That is a huge problem, but it doesn't matter a hill of beans to some.

How many of you who don't want a border wall (or fence, or whatever) lock your doors when you are gone from home, or at night? If you do lock your doors, why do you, if it doesn't matter who comes into the country?
To 29again -I don't want Trump's border wall. It's a publicity stunt and a waste of money (IMO and environmentally unsafe (links at bottom), but here's the thing... We DO have a border and we do have border security. Each one of you who do the whole "if you don't like Trump's wall, then keep your doors unlocked and let the whole world in because you don't believe in border security" are forgetting the simple fact that America has a border, marked, in some cases, with barriers and we have border security.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... al-damage/
https://m.govexec.com/management/2018/1 ... ms/152687/
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bo ... story.html
See, it's that "in some cases" part that is worrisome. Now, if people could be TRUSTED to not jump the border every 30 seconds or so, it might be different. But they do. Often. Clearly we need more, whether it is a BP agent every 20 feet or a fence or razor wire, makes no difference to me. I am only concerned that we have so little control of our border and that so many are unconcerned about that.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ButchersWife wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm

When were the dems on board with a wall?
There have been times in recent history where the dems were totally on board with a secure border, ie, a wall/fence/definitive barrier at the border. It's just that with someone they don't like in the Oval Office calling the shots, they are not on board.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:28 am
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm But lots of those "brown people" happen to be Catholic. Isn't that part of Christian?

Actually there are Christians who don't consider Catholics to be a part of Christianity

And you're saying they have a double standard when it comes to locking their own doors, but not wanting an actual border, right?

To 29again -I don't want Trump's border wall. It's a publicity stunt and a waste of money (IMO and environmentally unsafe (links at bottom), but here's the thing... We DO have a border and we do have border security. Each one of you who do the whole "if you don't like Trump's wall, then keep your doors unlocked and let the whole world in because you don't believe in border security" are forgetting the simple fact that America has a border, marked, in some cases, with barriers and we have border security.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... al-damage/
https://m.govexec.com/management/2018/1 ... ms/152687/
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bo ... story.html
See, it's that "in some cases" part that is worrisome. Now, if people could be TRUSTED to not jump the border every 30 seconds or so, it might be different. But they do. Often. Clearly we need more, whether it is a BP agent every 20 feet or a fence or razor wire, makes no difference to me. I am only concerned that we have so little control of our border and that so many are unconcerned about that.
The "in some cases" is because it's not feasible to put a barrier up in the middle of water or through a wildlife preserve.

Most people understand the need for a border. Most people know that we need something better for security, but know that Trump's wall is going to make it worse.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t need for you to agree with me.
But it would be great if you owned your behavior.
I described how you post and then you turn it back on me and pretend you’re being bullied... even though your response was inappropriate .
You are a demanding poster and you do seem angry when addressing others. Own it
29again wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:11 pm WOW!!! And you claim to be nice. You're nothing but a bully. Obviously you have a need to belittle others you don't agree with, so I'll play along with ya. I think I can handle your pathetic high-school-mean-girl attempts to put me down, lmao!
libbylu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 pm I don’t “deflect “.
You do demand.
You’re high maintenance .
You’re cranky.
You’re someone I would really not want to know in real life.
Do you have friends outside of this social site? 😆
I doubt it.
Good luck.
You need it.
29again wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 pm I don't "demand" answers, I just find your abilities to deflect amazing so I can't help but notice how often you do that!

I grew up in the country, and we never had a door locked at night.

Congratulations, you completely missed the point of my simple question.

ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 am
Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:21 pm And why are these "angel" mothers so important that their opinion on a wall should matter?
This. They can forget it far as I'm concerned. Use the money for education, health care, hell fixing things that cause algae that's a health hazard to humans and sea life. Then we'll talk. Trump ignores the real threat which is what Russia did to interfere in our election. THAT'S the threat not immigrants who may or may not scale a wall.
Shoot El Chapo went through tunnels.
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:19 pm
libbylu wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:34 am

Okay if that’s really how you feel.
It just seemed that too many posters here have a lot of prejudices .
I’m in agreement concerning the more efficient effective faster pathway to citizenship .
I think its discrimination and favoritism to have roughly 90% of all immigrants come from latin America. why do they get priority?? and skin color isn't a factor for me but merit is. We don't need millions of unskilled illiterate migrants. Automation is going to replace the majority of all manual labor. then what will they do? they are on average 10-20 IQ points lower than the average American. They are a net negative financially. Why would you increase the number of citizens using public aid and not contributing to the system? oh that's right- rich elites LOVE having their 3rd world slave labor and democrats love the free votes of people who are easily manipulated and controlled. immigration is a privilege, not a right.
This is from the Pew Research Center. Great article with factual stats. I think I'm going to post it. Here are the stats for you since wherever you're getting your information is lying to you:

In 2016, 1.49 million foreign-born individuals moved to the United States, a 7 percent increase from the 1.38 million coming in 2015. India was the leading country of origin, with 175,100 arriving in 2016, followed by 160,200 from China/Hong Kong, 150,400 from Mexico, 54,700 from Cuba, and 46,600 from the Philippines. India and China surpassed Mexico in 2013 as the top origin countries for recent arrivals.
Locked Previous topicNext topic