My kid hops out of bed every morning!!

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My YDS has been challenging for me to parent, but, I'm going to brag on him right now. The rest of us were so late this morning, but my sweet boy, calmly walked out to the bus stop 5 minutes early as he has done every single day this school year.

He follows his bedtime ritual every night and wake-up ritual every morning without prompting. He does poorly in school, but he is not defeated. He independently gets up to face every school day, follows through with his hygiene, his clothing, his hair, his backpack and stands outside at the bus stop at exactly 7:42am everyday.

Are your kids really self-sufficient getting ready in the mornings? My other two, ay yi yi, such dawdlers.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Damn. What is that like? My kid is not a morning person and even in those couple of years that she went to an elementary school with a 9 o'clock start time, she was a bear to get up every single day. She's in college now and lives on campus so I don't have to get her ass out of bed anymore. Thank Bob.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My 9 yr old dd is the same. She wakes up on her own and does her own thing, always ready without having to ssy anything to her and does well in school. My 10yr old dd is the complete opposite. Just getting her socks and shoes on is a 10 minute ordeal with constant prompting because she gets easily distracted. And while she doesnt struggle with the material at all in school, her attitude leaves much to be desired.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 pm Damn. What is that like? My kid is not a morning person and even in those couple of years that she went to an elementary school with a 9 o'clock start time, she was a bear to get up every single day. She's in college now and lives on campus so I don't have to get her ass out of bed anymore. Thank Bob.
I know! I am blessed, with him. I have two others, not quite the same, lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:10 pm My 9 yr old dd is the same. She wakes up on her own and does her own thing, always ready without having to ssy anything to her and does well in school. My 10yr old dd is the complete opposite. Just getting her socks and shoes on is a 10 minute ordeal with constant prompting because she gets easily distracted. And while she doesnt struggle with the material at all in school, her attitude leaves much to be desired.
He wasn't always like that, lol BUT he owns his mornings now. I think part of his ritual is related to his older brother, not liking morning, and dawdling. Always standing in the shadow of big brother who is good at school and good at friend, and good and sports, BUT this is something my little guy can excel at! Happy for him. I think he does feel a sense of accomplishment, as he should, he does better than I do in the cold old dark winter-time. lol.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My ODS does that as well. He also gets up early on the weekends which isn't so great sometimes.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, all of the school aged kids get themselves up and ready. We start when they are small. Gives them independence.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He CAN and does but let’s face it- he’s my kid andmornings are not super cheerful in our house. Lol!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm My ODS does that as well. He also gets up early on the weekends which isn't so great sometimes.
lol, mine is old enough to putter around the house as early as he wants quietly, not disturbing anyone fortunately.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thats awesome!

I was just bitching at my youngest this morning about waking up and then going to sleep on the couch. I have had it!
Locked Previous topicNext topic