ASPCA Ads?

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Those commercials make me cry. As well as the one with the snow leopard, when the ask if I'm ready to let her go...

I can't watch them. Then I feel guilty for not watching them. It was so much worse when I was pregnant.

wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:45 am
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:03 pm I can't watch them. We adopted a dog earlier this year. We didn't know it but the Humane Society in the city where we used to live and were visiting does its adoption program on Saturdays at PetSmart. We walked out with a dog. It was hard seeing all those poor dogs and cats and knowing most would not get adopted. I cannot watch the ASPCA commercials anymore.
We had a similar expercience. About 2 years ago me and DD 9 went to pet smart adoption with my Mom for her to adopt a dog. She did. What should have been a happy occasion was now sad as DD was crying in the car about all of the dogs left behind as we pulled away. Ugh!
Aww, poor girl! I understand though. It's hard to see them in crates and know a lot will be left behind. I thought DS and DD would be upset as we left realizing all those animals were left behind but they were just happy to have a new dog.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Almost as annoying as the Gardasil and save the children commercials.

Which should I prefer, starving animals, starving kids, or adults blaming their parents?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I just ignore it. Anything that so obviously is trying to tug at heartstrings, only manages to elicit annoyance out of me. They can play it all they want, but they'll get nothing from me for it.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I turn the channel. There one about children, that will get me to change channels every time. I won't guilt tripped into giving money for any cause.
Locked Previous topicNext topic