At what point do people lose their license?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have this family member who is a HORRIBLE driver. She just told me that she got into another accident just the other day. This will be 3 in less than a year. She totalled her SUV back in February. She totalled her sedan just 5 months after, and now she ran her new SUV into a dump truck, and went under it somehow. *AND!* these are not her only accidents. Since she got her license 12 years ago, she has rolled a truck, mowed down 3 brick mail boxes, took out 2 automatic gates, rear-ended a truck and sideswiped a car. And those are the ones she has told us about. There have been times where she has mysterious dings on her vehicles she claims she knows nothing about. Also, I am pretty sure she has hit the back of my car in my driveway. I had a mysterious crack on my bumper with white paint that matched her paint. She was the one that pointed it out to me, asked me what happened.

Now some of you might be thinking this has to be an elderly woman, but nope! She is not. She just can't drive for sh*t. My question is, out of her safety and the safety of others, at what point does someone say "this lady can't drive for sh*t" and motion to take suspend her license or request some driving course? lol. Im only joking some, but still I have to wonder. I know even if her license is revoked she would probably drive, anyway. But GEEEZ!!!! I have never met/known such a no-driving fool such as her.

What's even more disturbing, I asked her about how she acquired her license; she said because the DPS officer felt bad for her. She initially scored a 69, and she gave her an extra point to pass her. It makes me wonder how many of these same drivers are out there? lol
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My sister is the same. She lost her license for unrelated issues, but I always wondered as well.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Does she suffer from ADD? The process of suspending a license is not an easy one unless drugs or alcohol are involved.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:31 pm Does she suffer from ADD? The process of suspending a license is not an easy one unless drugs or alcohol are involved.
Its pretty simple...Too many points on your license will do it in a heartbeat. Also,FTA will get you suspended in a heartbeat.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:36 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:31 pm Does she suffer from ADD? The process of suspending a license is not an easy one unless drugs or alcohol are involved.
Its pretty simple...Too many points on your license will do it in a heartbeat. Also,FTA will get you suspended in a heartbeat.
Well, working with elderly patients for over 20 years now, that have had no business driving for years, due to multiple fender benders and vehicular collisions, it appears that it is not easy to lose a licence as they continue to drive. But obviously I am mistaken.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:23 pm My sister is the same. She lost her license for unrelated issues, but I always wondered as well.
It's so scary knowing that these people are out there driving among the rest of us every day. I mean, don't get me wrong, we are all prone to a having a bad day, and accidents do happen to the best of us. Im not here saying that Im miss poly perfect or ever will be. Im just saying that once your number significantly adds up, *maybe* you should find another form of transportation lol. She gets upset with me because I will not let my kids drive anywhere with her. The last time I rode as her passenger, she got pulled over for hitting the curb multiple times. She wasn't drunk she just doesn't pay attention, or she is on her phone.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

FTA?
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:40 pm
Well, working with elderly patients for over 20 years now, that have had no business driving for years, due to multiple fender benders and vehicular collisions, it appears that it is not easy to lose a licence as they continue to drive. But obviously I am mistaken.
Just because people lose their license doesnt mean they stop driving. Hell,Ive even done it. Lost my license for FTA
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

thunderkiss65 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:45 pm
FTA?
Failure to Appear
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When someone dies I guess.
Locked Previous topicNext topic