Horrifying indifference to children’s lives

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:45 pm
ButchersWife wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:07 pm
29again wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 am

I never said, or meant to imply, that I did. By saying that I would never do this to my child, I am speaking as a MOTHER who LOVES her child(ren). I don't see any kind of love in what happened to this girl. IF I ever had to make a journey like the one the girl was on, I know for damn sure that my kids would get food and water before I did. That's just what a mother/father does... You can spin that to look like I'm saying I know something about their lives, but that is not the case.
No, you can spin it however you like because the truth of the matter is, you have no idea the story of these people, the situation they were in, the hardships, what the journey was like, etc. You said you wouldn't make the journey at all. To these parents they love children so they made the journey. You can't judge something you know nothing about.
I'm not the one spinning.
What do you call blaming BP for this girl's death, if it isn't judging something you know nothing about? Seems there are a lot of people doing just that.

No, I would not make that journey. Not with children. Ever.
Have you even read everything I wrote in this post? I never blamed BP for the death. People say they would never do things all time until they're in that position. That's all I'm saying.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So if you were in a position where you had little or no access to food and clean water, your country was overrun by cartel violence, weak government and police corruption, severe poverty was rampant and your only option to escape was to strap whatever you could carry to your back and start walking, you’d just... stay there? So much for the whole “MOTHER who LOVES her children” schtick.
29again wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:45 pm
ButchersWife wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:07 pm
29again wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 am

I never said, or meant to imply, that I did. By saying that I would never do this to my child, I am speaking as a MOTHER who LOVES her child(ren). I don't see any kind of love in what happened to this girl. IF I ever had to make a journey like the one the girl was on, I know for damn sure that my kids would get food and water before I did. That's just what a mother/father does... You can spin that to look like I'm saying I know something about their lives, but that is not the case.
No, you can spin it however you like because the truth of the matter is, you have no idea the story of these people, the situation they were in, the hardships, what the journey was like, etc. You said you wouldn't make the journey at all. To these parents they love children so they made the journey. You can't judge something you know nothing about.
I'm not the one spinning.
What do you call blaming BP for this girl's death, if it isn't judging something you know nothing about? Seems there are a lot of people doing just that.

No, I would not make that journey. Not with children. Ever.
viv74
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:46 pm They did know the risks and obviously weighed them.
The mother stayed in the home country with the other kids, the father brought the one.
If it was so dangerous and they were desperate to leave - why leave half the family there?
viv74 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:34 pm
scemily526 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:25 am

what would you do to ensure your children's future, if you lived in a war torn country, no food, dirty water, and no access to anything at all? Would you stay there and 'put up with it'? Or would you do your damndest to get out and HOPE there is something better down that long road....cuz if you stay, you'll most certainly die, and so will your children.

So, - what's a parent to do in a country like that, who hears America gives asylum, and comes up here seeking refuge?
I didn’t have an opinion either way. I was just pointing out that the agents didn’t do anything wrong. They got help as soon as they could. At the end of the day the choice was made by the parent regardless of circumstances, they knew the risks of staying in their own country and they knew the risks of taking the journey. I don’t blame the parents for wanting more for their family no more than I blame the agents doing their job trying to provide for their own family
I read an interview with the grandfather. It didn’t sound like they were in any danger just living in severe poverty. According to the grandfather they were living on five dollars a day but were getting by. I’m sure the father was hoping to find a better life for his family
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's correct.

Severe poverty does not meet the requirements for asylum. That's clearly why the father chose to not go to a port, but rather sneak across on a remote area.

Blame belongs with the father and his poor parenting skills (judgement).
viv74 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:19 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:46 pm They did know the risks and obviously weighed them.
The mother stayed in the home country with the other kids, the father brought the one.
If it was so dangerous and they were desperate to leave - why leave half the family there?

I didn’t have an opinion either way. I was just pointing out that the agents didn’t do anything wrong. They got help as soon as they could. At the end of the day the choice was made by the parent regardless of circumstances, they knew the risks of staying in their own country and they knew the risks of taking the journey. I don’t blame the parents for wanting more for their family no more than I blame the agents doing their job trying to provide for their own family
I read an interview with the grandfather. It didn’t sound like they were in any danger just living in severe poverty. According to the grandfather they were living on five dollars a day but were getting by. I’m sure the father was hoping to find a better life for his family
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That describes 99.9 percent of them.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That is harsh and judgmental and you don’t know. You’re not there.
🙄🙁
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:37 pm That's correct.

Severe poverty does not meet the requirements for asylum. That's clearly why the father chose to not go to a port, but rather sneak across on a remote area.

Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:50 pm

That describes 99.9 percent of them.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Then share your wisdom.
Why did the father leave his wife and other children at home?
Why did he not go directly to a port of entry and request asylum?

libbylu wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:52 pm That is harsh and judgmental and you don’t know. You’re not there.
🙄🙁

“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wasn’t there either.
Therefore I’m not even going to guess. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt . I am not going to think the worst of them like you do.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:59 pm Then share your wisdom.

libbylu wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:52 pm That is harsh and judgmental and you don’t know. You’re not there.
🙄🙁

Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wisdom

I laugh
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:59 pm Then share your wisdom.

🙄🙁

Locked Previous topicNext topic