I really hate hospitals

Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Long story short my mom had what she thought was food poisoning, this turned into her being weak from dehydration and falling and breaking her hip.

Three ct scans, a chest x-ray, an echocardiogram, more blood work than I can count, and of course a hip x-ray...we have yet to find out why they are ordering all of these tests, the results, or have yet to talk to a doctor. The general medicine and surgical doctors came while we made a quick trip home to get her things. The Ortho surgeon never came. The nurses won't tell us shit and we had to rely on my mom's morphine doped self to get any thing about what the doctors said.

I just tried calling the nurses station to check on her but they won't tell me shit on how she is...only that she's resting.

Is this shit F***ing normal? Am I too upset to think clearly? Why can't they say why the tests were ordered? Ugh I'm sorry, I'm rambling and I know this is hard to read so if you made it this far thank you. I just had to get shit out and I'm the only one still up.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Unless your mother has said that the nurses can tell you stuff, they won't. You need the patient code to get any medical info.
Ninjakids2.0
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Nurses will not violate laws to tell you information. We get it, we’d love to tell you... but it’s our asses on the line.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's due to HIPAA laws. I remember once last year going to pick my mom up from a doctors office. When I went up to the front desk to ask where she was, they couldn't disclose where in the building she was. I wasn't on the list. Had to call my oldest sister to ask what floor my mom was on. Yes, I did get put on the list.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:18 am Unless your mother has said that the nurses can tell you stuff, they won't. You need the patient code to get any medical info.
I get that for myself, they said we can set up a code tomorrow so I can check in on her. They were willing to wake her up to get me clearance but I didn't want to wake her.

What I don't get is my dad is listed on her medical stuff to get info and they wouldn't even tell him at the hospital. It took 4 hours just to find out that the Ortho wouldn't be seeing her. We kept getting maybe...a different nurse was the one that told me the docs never come in that late.
Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Ninjakids2.0 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:23 am Nurses will not violate laws to tell you information. We get it, we’d love to tell you... but it’s our asses on the line.
Not even for my dad either? Even with him being listed on her paperwork? This is at the hospital itself. Idk if he tried calling later once we got home.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Angelic.Zombie wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:26 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:18 am Unless your mother has said that the nurses can tell you stuff, they won't. You need the patient code to get any medical info.
I get that for myself, they said we can set up a code tomorrow so I can check in on her. They were willing to wake her up to get me clearance but I didn't want to wake her.

What I don't get is my dad is listed on her medical stuff to get info and they wouldn't even tell him at the hospital. It took 4 hours just to find out that the Ortho wouldn't be seeing her. We kept getting maybe...a different nurse was the one that told me the docs never come in that late.
If he doesn't have the patient code, they won't tell him anything. When my brother was in the hospital and I would call and talk to the nurse, they would ask for the code before telling me any medical stuff.
Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:24 am It's due to HIPAA laws. I remember once last year going to pick my mom up from a doctors office. When I went up to the front desk to ask where she was, they couldn't disclose where in the building she was. I wasn't on the list. Had to call my oldest sister to ask what floor my mom was on. Yes, I did get put on the list.
I had no problem finding her...it's the fact that not even my dad could get info at the hospital and I know he is listed on her paperwork.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can understand your frantic state. I'd feel the same if it was my Mom.

Relax. She's in the best place to be right now, under professional care.

Hugs.
Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 am I can understand your frantic state. I'd feel the same if it was my Mom.

Relax. She's in the best place to be right now, under professional care.

Hugs.
Thank you, it's been a helluva day with this. I was on the room when they took her for the last CT scan and they didn't even tell her why they were redoing it...just that the doctor had ordered another one. Idk if it was because we were in the room or what.

I know I'm probably not thinking rationally but this not knowing anything is killing me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic