The Anonymous “Trick”

Reedusstalker

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:07 am I got that part, I was wondering how it happened.
Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:54 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:12 am Well now that it’s fixed will someone please tell me what it was? I missed the whole thing, wasting my time over in news & politics...
Two members figured out how to get around the Anon feature and could see who was the OP of anon posts.
Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood you, lol!! It was something to do with the bookmarks. Lunarpancher figured it out
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SmurfyTime wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 pm Why wouldn't someone tell you?
Because some people have no lives and get all excited when they can out an anon. I didn't notice the glitch but in my way of thinking either help or contribute to the running of the site.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I was not aware of the glitch. But I agree they should just tell you instead of exploiting it and making you hunt for it.

Thanks for all the work you do
RedBottoms

Unread post

I was not aware of the glitch. But I agree they should just tell you instead of exploiting it and making you hunt for it.

Thanks for all the work you do
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:07 am I got that part, I was wondering how it happened.
Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:54 am

Two members figured out how to get around the Anon feature and could see who was the OP of anon posts.
Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood you, lol!! It was something to do with the bookmarks. Lunarpancher figured it out
Lunarpancher, I like it☺️
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:17 pm
Shut. Up.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:30 pm
Lunarprancer wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Shut. Up.
:lol:
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh wow!
Thank you for all your time and effort and knowledge and ...money you spend!
I had no idea !
Everyone should be nice ,especially to hardworking ladies like you!
Good job!
Brava!
👍🏻👏😊
12skipafew wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:03 pm It costs a lot of money to maintain the site and I wanted to add the anonymous extension to make it feel more like cm. The ads are there to try and take some of the burden off as far as cost but I haven’t recouped what I’ve spent yet. Without money to pay for the hosting, security certificates, extensions, styles, etc. the site wouldn’t exist.
Lotus wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 pm Every time you share how much work and effort you put into this site I am amazed, and I think wow that is very generous of you.
Now you are telling me you spend money out of pocket? The million dollar question is why?
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:35 pm
SmurfyTime wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 pm Why wouldn't someone tell you?
Because some people have no lives and get all excited when they can out an anon. I didn't notice the glitch but in my way of thinking either help or contribute to the running of the site.
I missed all that
Thank goodness
I rarely read posts here.

I don’t have time to figure out who the anonymous posters are😂
How silly, right?
Skip has a big job to do and she’s awesome so I hope everyone “ behaves” nicely too.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think you should have kept your money. Lol
The anon feature is and always has been a horrible feature for those who want to use it to say cruel things. They don’t deserve the anon feature. There are only a few who use it for good intentions.
I always love the comment “ we are all anonymous on this site anyway “ whenever you say something against the anon button. So since that’s so true they don’t need the anonymous feature and you could have kept your money! 😂
Btw I think it was real nice of you to spend money out of your pocket. And all the time you have spent is amazing. Even though there are a lot of times I’m not very active I thank you for knowing that if I ever get in the mood to see what is up in here I have that option.
Have a good day and great holidays!
Locked Previous topicNext topic