I feel a little bad that I never get into the holidays

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:24 pm That's what happens when you grow up and become an adult.
Not really. I know people who love everything about Christmas.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

For me, Christmas is like my birthday. I loved it when I was a kid but now it’s just another day. We decorate for the kids, but before kids dh and I didn’t decorate or buy a tree. I hate that I’m supposed to spend money on gifts for relatives that I see one time a year, and I hate that awkward feeling when someone gets me a gift and I’ve gotten them nothing (or vice versa.).
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I love decorating, shopping, wrapping gifts for DD and watching her open them on Christmas morning.

I don't like traveling an hour to my brother's house in the afternoon where the extended family gathers for dinner and gift exchanges.

I'd much rather stay home all day with just Dh and DD.

I know that sounds awful..
RedBottoms

Unread post

Its okay. I like some aspects of the holidays and completely hate others. I like having lights and decorations up but hate the act of putting them up lol. I like seeing lights and doing some fun things like lights at the zoo and going to see the lights and parade at Dollywood. I like watching my son in the Nutcracker. Things like that.

I get down though just in general that I don't have a picture perfect Hallmark family. It sucks we have so many toxic people in our families so having that Hallmark moment can't happen
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They call me the grinch lol. We have zero decorations up. The decor for the mantel and stockings are still in the bag and all the other decorations are in the basement and probably wont come out this year. I'm counting the days until this season is over...I'm not broken though, not sure why you think you are over that.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm I hate doing the gifts part. I love the extra family time on Christmas if jobs permit it. I hate wrapping gifts . This year I get a pay check the Friday before Christmas. I was talking to my kids and I think we are going shopping together over the weekend. They already know what they are going to get and I don’t have much money to get a bunch of gifts so I thought we would make a fun Christmas shopping weekend and forget wrapping the gifts. I want to make them gift baskets too and then that Monday is Christmas Eve and we will bake cookies, drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies.
I don’t mind wrapping I’m really good at it (I worked in a Hallmark store for a few years) I like that it’s one of the few times all of my siblings end up at my moms house at the same time. And the food. I’ll drive to my moms after work on Monday and back home Wednesday morning to work a few hours on Wednesday.
It’s weird... I’m fine wrapping a package I send in the mail. I use paper bags to wrap a package if I’m sending something like a book off in the mail. I have to problems with it and have gotten compliments on how well wrapped they are. But I hate wrapping anything in the flimsy light weight wrapping paper you get at Christmas. It always rips for me.
Michael’s has some very sturdy thick wrapping paper.
i want candy!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I am glad you wrote this OP! I feel very similar as you. For me, this year, I have onlined shopped more than ever and it's so that I can avoid people as much as possible. The older I get, I try to avoid as it takes a lot out of me most days to be around people (although I still have to be around people at work and stores, etc) but if I can avoid something, I will. And I am actually a very nice, social person, but it's just strange this year for me. I still have all the decorations in bins all open and spread out and nothing is completely done and decorated. My kids think we are late with decorating which is true. I am going to try to finish that up today I hope and also do Christmas cards to get it done. It just feels like more chores to get done.
Locked Previous topicNext topic