I feel a little bad that I never get into the holidays

cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You should not feel bad, Christmas is shoved down our throats every year.

I enjoy decorating and doing the usual Christmas activities, but it's only natural to get sick of it.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am usually into xmas but I'm just not this year. Idk why. Hopefully next year is better. I am also just going through the motions for the kids.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It's been a long time since I've been into Christmas. I've tried to get into this year, but I still can't and I'm already tired of trying.

I honestly feel like it makes it worse when we feel bad about it and try too hard to change how we feel.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:44 pm I never really get into it either, I don't get the notion that you have to spend thousands & thousands & thousands of dollars on presents for your kids in order for your kids to love you, epsecially in this group.
I definitely don’t spend thousands, I don’t go into debt for it. This year is definitely lower key, because I used my Christmas savings for other things. And decided we need more experiences than things
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like the way you think!
In recent years, it seems to me that Christmas is all about getting MORE...things.
I wish more people thought like you and bought "experiences" for their loved ones. THOSE will be treasured far longer than any trinket unwrapped on Christmas morning. :)

Bubbs wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 pm
Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:44 pm I never really get into it either, I don't get the notion that you have to spend thousands & thousands & thousands of dollars on presents for your kids in order for your kids to love you, epsecially in this group.
I definitely don’t spend thousands, I don’t go into debt for it. This year is definitely lower key, because I used my Christmas savings for other things. And decided we need more experiences than things
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I hated it all too Bubbs but it's because I have severe fatigue and just don't have the energy for day to day stuff, let alone all the crap that goes along with holidays. You're not broken. Holidays are stressful.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm I hated it all too Bubbs but it's because I have severe fatigue and just don't have the energy for day to day stuff, let alone all the crap that goes along with holidays. You're not broken. Holidays are stressful.
I know part of it this year is me not being satisfied with my life as it is. But most of it is just the overhype of it all, it always has been.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm I hated it all too Bubbs but it's because I have severe fatigue and just don't have the energy for day to day stuff, let alone all the crap that goes along with holidays. You're not broken. Holidays are stressful.
I know part of it this year is me not being satisfied with my life as it is. But most of it is just the overhype of it all, it always has been.
I completely agree with you. I'm much happier with low key stuff.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I enjoy the holidays, but I absolutely hate putting up the Christmas tree. It's annoying and gets in the way. Plus, my little cat thinks it's edible and tries to eat it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That's what happens when you grow up and become an adult.
Locked Previous topicNext topic