Did you ever think you had a problem?

Anonymous 3

I get that. I grew up with all family that abused drugs and alcohol. I tried very hard to not be like them. And I am not. Had some times where I thought I had a problem, but I made sure to not be so bad that it controlled my life. Now I rarely drink and I don't experiment with drugs.
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 pm Alcohol isn't my thing. I don't like most of it. I have never tried drugs.

I grew up with addict parents who put their addictions above basic needs for their kids like food. I won't ever try drugs or drink alcohol on a regular basis because I don't want to be like them.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm I get that. I grew up with all family that abused drugs and alcohol. I tried very hard to not be like them. And I am not. Had some times where I thought I had a problem, but I made sure to not be so bad that it controlled my life. Now I rarely drink and I don't experiment with drugs.
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:27 pm Alcohol isn't my thing. I don't like most of it. I have never tried drugs.

I grew up with addict parents who put their addictions above basic needs for their kids like food. I won't ever try drugs or drink alcohol on a regular basis because I don't want to be like them.
When I was younger, I'd have a drink about every 2 weeks when I got paid and would go out, and that's how I know I don't like most alcohol. Now, it's like once a year if that. Dave and Busters has some good drinks, so does Texas Roadhouse, but I purposely limit myself to once a year or less so I don't develop an addiction.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

I only dabble with pot edibles and drink occasionally. A six pack can last me 2 weeks easily.

I've gotten wasted, not gonna lie, but those were in safe and controlled environments (and since I don't drink often, a few drinks are enough LOL).
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 3

I was told that I am an alcoholic because I drink every day

In reality no I have never had a problem with alcohol or drugs
Anonymous 0

I think that depends on how much you drink every day. If you drink one drink a day, no, I don't think you have a problem really (unless you think you do), I think it's more of a habit and that it tastes good to have one a day (although I no longer do that anymore).
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 pm I was told that I am an alcoholic because I drink every day

Deleted User 172

Yes. When I was 18-19 I got pretty heavily into drugs. It got to the point where I would not even get high anymore. My tolerance had gone thru the roof so it made me feel like utter crap when I wasnt on the drugs and made me feel normal when I was.
Once I realized that my only options were to shoot up something harder like heroin or quit doing drugs I quit doing drugs.

But yeah I get it.
Deleted User 172

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 pm I was told that I am an alcoholic because I drink every day

My dad drinks every day and hes not an addict. My ex husband drank all day every day and hes an addict. It really depends on the circumstances.
Anonymous 4

I binge drink twice a week (6ish drinks). Some might consider that a problem, but it’s the social norm in our circle.
Locked Previous topicNext topic