Do not come early!

Anonymous 1

My SIL wrote this on her FB about the Christmas gathering at her house. She wrote "Do not come early! We will not be ready if you are early!" What do you think about this?

For me, I think it is rude. If people tend to come early to their things, then I would tweak the times...if you don't want people to come early, tell people the time is at 2pm, but be ready by 1pm. I don't think it's that hard.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

It’s expected that people will be 10-15 minutes early, anything earlier is rude unless they’re traveling a distance and timing can be tricky.

If people are early and we’re not ready I invite them in, explain we’re almost ready and go about my business and if they can help I put them to good use.
Anonymous 2

Yeah, no one is from out of town. Her inlaws have shown up early before (not sure how early), but she made them feel so uncomfortable that they ended up leaving and did not come back for the event.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 am It’s expected that people will be 10-15 minutes early, anything earlier is rude unless they’re traveling a distance and timing can be tricky.

If people are early and we’re not ready I invite them in, explain we’re almost ready and go about my business and if they can help I put them to good use.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

The only people who are being rude are the ones who consistantly early. If the invite is for 2pm then show up at 2pm or maybe 10 minutes early at the most. Anything else is completely disrespectful. I wouldn't let them in
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

I think it's rude if you show up earlier than invited. I'm not going to tweak my times because someone is impatient and shows up early.
Anonymous 2

yeah she probably is sick of dealing with that, but i still find it just as rude to put that on FB.
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 am The only people who are being rude are the ones who consistantly early. If the invite is for 2pm then show up at 2pm or maybe 10 minutes early at the most. Anything else is completely disrespectful. I wouldn't let them in
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I think you should not be early lol.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am yeah she probably is sick of dealing with that, but i still find it just as rude to put that on FB.
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 am The only people who are being rude are the ones who consistantly early. If the invite is for 2pm then show up at 2pm or maybe 10 minutes early at the most. Anything else is completely disrespectful. I wouldn't let them in
I dont . Not at all.
Anonymous 2

Instead of posting it on FB, why not just say that to the people that are continually showing up early?
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am yeah she probably is sick of dealing with that, but i still find it just as rude to put that on FB.
I dont . Not at all.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

If she had to put that on FB, it sounds like she's fed up. I have to wonder if she's told guests not to come early but they keep doing it. Showing up ten minutes early is one thing, showing up an hour early is rude.
Locked Previous topicNext topic