Kevin Hart says he’s out as Oscars host after outrage over homophobic tweets

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Kevin Hart announced on Twitter early Friday morning that he was stepping down from hosting this year’s Oscars ceremony after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences asked him to apologize for a number of his old tweets that used homophobic language, which he initially refused to do.

“I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s," Hart tweeted. "This is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.”

Earlier in the evening, he posted an Instagram video in which he refused to apologize for the tweets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... 4fa005ca25
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Good. Goodbye!
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hey, Billy Crystal! A spot just opened!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Kind of a confusing stance, as first it says "he refused" to apologize, and then he says "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past."

In either case, it sounds like he choose to step away rather than have this an ongoing focus. But all over the talk shows many commentators are claiming he was "forced to step down" or persecuted in some way for his private opinions.

I don't see it like that. He made statements on stage and in interviews, in a public context. Those statements continue to be seen by many as biased and negative. This is in conflict with the image the producers which to portray.
Locked Previous topicNext topic