Gayle King defends 'Baby It's Cold Outside': 'I know I'm going to get hammered for this'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:54 am
Lexy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:39 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 am I don’t get why people have an issue with that song but some still listen to rap music that has lines like this in it
Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it
I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it
Seriously! This song is going to be "judged" to be to controversial or demeaning to women above all the disrespectful and disgusting rap song lyrics that receive radio play and even awards?
I’ve never understood rap music. So much cursing and demeaning of women. Not to mention the constant use of the N word.
Yah it’s horrible “music”.

I absolutely LOVE all of the Christmas songs. I don’t over analyze the lyrics. I just enjoy them!🎄❄️
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why did O’Donnell “raise concerns” about the original performance? The song was written in the 1940’s. Loesser wrote it as a duet that he sang with his wife at their parties. In an era in which holding hands was referred to in movies and songs as making love. Or is she referring to the first movie that used the song? Either way, you have to consider the times in which a movie, song, book was written. That it is, how many? roughly 75 years later taken as offensive? Idk, I think you have to balance and compare then and now. That many people aren’t, is very reflective of this me, me, me time in which is creating a very near sighted, narrow view of the world and life.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think I've ever heard it, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Wait, you are making fun of people being upset over songs and in another breath say ..."they should ban that crap on the stations."

LMAO!!!!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic