That's one way to lose your snack

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Using your logic his germs or what ever else may contaminate the bowl would be better spread to the bag? What difference does it make what he reached into for a piece of food?
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 pm You’re ok with people reaching into your bowl/plate and just taking your food? I understand the situation isn’t a big deal really but think about it. DS5 could have reached into the bag for some, not someone’s bowl.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Key word- sharing.

His brother was not sharing. It was *his* snack. Yes, it was disrespectful for the younger brother to just grab food out of his brother's bowl. He did not ask, he just put his hand into the bowl. Were his hands clean? I do not allow people to touch my food unless they have washed their hands. Call it hypervigilance due to taking one too many sanitation classes in culinary school..
Sharing is one thing..that is expected and there is no issue with it. Deliberately walking by a bowl that is not yours and taking food out of it is not sharing.

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm You consider a child taking a few pieces of trail mix “utter disrespect “ ?

Have you never sat around the tv with a bowl of popcorn everyone shared?

People are being way to extreme over this kid grabbing a pretzel lol ...
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 pm Why is it ok for the 5 year old to just help himself to his brother's food without asking? He was perfectly within his rights to get irked with his brother. It does not matter if there was a bag sitting there. It is about respect. His younger brother is fully old enough to know not to just grab someone else's food as it is disrespectful. You ask first. Period.
In my home, the younger child would have been spoken to about the utter disrespect he showed his brother. The oldest would have been told that while he was the wronged party, he is old enough to talk to his brother or us about the issue. Our girls are required to ask the other child before taking food. They are not allowed to just take what they want and if they do they lose it and go to their room.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Germs? My family members have never died from reaching for some nuts in a bag. It’s about boundaries.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 pm Using your logic his germs or what ever else may contaminate the bowl would be better spread to the bag? What difference does it make what he reached into for a piece of food?
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 pm You’re ok with people reaching into your bowl/plate and just taking your food? I understand the situation isn’t a big deal really but think about it. DS5 could have reached into the bag for some, not someone’s bowl.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why is a 5 year old taking things off of people's plates? He's far too old to do that. That's incredibly ignorant.

He's big enough to ask his mother to get him something if he can't reach it. Is there a reason his mother can't take care of him?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why didn't the younger one ask first? Why didn't he ask for his own bowl? I can understand why your older son would be upset. Manners..

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I see this post is getting out of control...
RedBottoms

Unread post

you should also teach the small child to ask if he can have some before sticking his hand in there as well though. Or teach him to get his own if he is hungry
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seems overkill. Tell the 5 year old next time get his own bowl and tell the older brother to chill out.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Nope your 5 year old needs to be corrected. In my house the 5 year old would have been expected to ask if he could have some first and if the answer was no he could have gotten his own bowl. The 11 year old would be expected to help him pour some in his bowl if needed.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I'm going to guess your youngest gets by with a lot because of his age. It sounds like your older son has reached his limit. That's on you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic