That's one way to lose your snack

leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would've told the 5 year old to get his own snack. Its rude to grab at other peoples food.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sounds like you're not teaching them very good manners
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't think this post is going the way you wanted. I'll just say it one more time. Your 5 year old should have asked first and if told no, gotten his own snack.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Another mom who lets the younger kids act like a brat because he's just so cute!

That isn't cute, it's rude and obnoxious. Can he not ask for a snack?

Yes, the youngest child should be taught manners. No, he is not cute. He's far old enough to ask for a snack, and old enough to get one on his own.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would tell the 11 year old to use better words, like "please don't touch my food without asking, you can get a bowl if you would like some" and I'd tell the 5 year old to ask first. Though we don't really have big snacks like that.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I agree with you...in our house snacks are shared. It’s different than a dinner plate...

A snack bowl is shareable.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You consider a child taking a few pieces of trail mix “utter disrespect “ ?

Have you never sat around the tv with a bowl of popcorn everyone shared?

People are being way to extreme over this kid grabbing a pretzel lol ...
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 pm Why is it ok for the 5 year old to just help himself to his brother's food without asking? He was perfectly within his rights to get irked with his brother. It does not matter if there was a bag sitting there. It is about respect. His younger brother is fully old enough to know not to just grab someone else's food as it is disrespectful. You ask first. Period.
In my home, the younger child would have been spoken to about the utter disrespect he showed his brother. The oldest would have been told that while he was the wronged party, he is old enough to talk to his brother or us about the issue. Our girls are required to ask the other child before taking food. They are not allowed to just take what they want and if they do they lose it and go to their room.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm You consider a child taking a few pieces of trail mix “utter disrespect “ ?

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 pm Why is it ok for the 5 year old to just help himself to his brother's food without asking? He was perfectly within his rights to get irked with his brother. It does not matter if there was a bag sitting there. It is about respect. His younger brother is fully old enough to know not to just grab someone else's food as it is disrespectful. You ask first. Period.
In my home, the younger child would have been spoken to about the utter disrespect he showed his brother. The oldest would have been told that while he was the wronged party, he is old enough to talk to his brother or us about the issue. Our girls are required to ask the other child before taking food. They are not allowed to just take what they want and if they do they lose it and go to their room.
This wasn't a 'community bowl' of snack for everyone - big difference
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm You consider a child taking a few pieces of trail mix “utter disrespect “ ?

That is completely different. He didn't pour a community bowl. It was rude and op is wrong for not correcting this behavior.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would have thrown it all outside for the squirrels to eat and laughed as the crying ensued
Locked Previous topicNext topic