We are not telling BM we are going on the trip until after we leave

Anonymous 1

Unread post

BM is usually a really great and nice person. She has some control issues around a few things. She has always tried to make it so that the kids can see both sides of the family on christmas. DH doesnt mind when we are in town

However any time we go out of town for any type of holiday BM absolutely loses it. I wouldnt believe she was the same women if I hadnt been there to see her "flip" from normal awesome BM to crazy BM. I think she cant handle not being able to see them on big holidays and she cant figure out how to cope and handle it. It really makes things awkward because we are traveling more and more. Every single time it is an issue

Even when she is trying to stay calm and not freak out she cant seem to handle it. Last year for Thanksgiving she sobbed on the ground when we told her we were leaving. The year before that on Christmas she even called MIL up crying about it.

It is honestly hard to watch and just awkward for us and the kids. This year we are going to MIL and FILs house again a few states away. We arent going to tell BM until we are there and settled in and then we are switching our phones off

It seems kind of mean but I think it is reasonable based on how she acts every time she finds out. It is okay to be upset but her reactions are over the top and kind of a downer for everyone. We are going to avoid that this year. The kids have the hardest time seeing their mom like that. DH has tried to talk to her about maybe seeing someone to talk about it because her reactions are not normal but she says there is nothing wrong with it.

I just wonder what she is going to do when the kids are grown and living their own lives and she cant see them. It isnt very far away.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would never turn my phone off
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think muting the phone is reasonable. turning it off will go poorly for everyone more than likely.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why are you telling us?
I shit glitter
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 am I think muting the phone is reasonable. turning it off will go poorly for everyone more than likely.
It wont go poorly for us. We dont need our phones on and we want to spend time with family anyway.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Maybe she's afraid you won't come back or you'll get in some terrible accident on the way. I have tons of anxiety about accidents on long road trips. I know it's more likely to happen close to home but my thinking is the longer you are on the road-the more likely it is to come across an idiot not knowing how to drive and get hurt.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am
Lotus wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 am I think muting the phone is reasonable. turning it off will go poorly for everyone more than likely.
It wont go poorly for us. We dont need our phones on and we want to spend time with family anyway.
well, you will surely show her! lol.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am
well, you will surely show her! lol.
It isnt about "showing her" we just want to have a good time without having to deal with her drama. There is nothing wrong with that
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you thought there was drama before, oh my lol
Anonymous 4

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am If you thought there was drama before, oh my lol
at least we will be able to have a nice trip. If we have to deal with her when we get back it wont be as bad as dealing with it in the middle of the trip
Locked Previous topicNext topic