Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm
HaggardWitch wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:27 pm Millennials got participation trophies. And, at the time, babyboomers were the teachers. Gen X didn't get them. Your comparison isn't a comparison at all.

Boomers were born between 46 and 64. It is completely possible for a boomer to have been a teacher. My Mom was in her 30's when she had me, there are many teachers same age as she was and I had them. Also, I am a Millennial and have never gotten a participation trophy. So is DH and he never got one either.

I think it's an urban legend that all those Millennials received participation trophies. It's a sad fact that some of my fellow baby boomers like to bitch about the younger generation. They forget the same things were said about us when we were younger.
If you read Pliny the elder or Plato they all complain about the younger generation. It's the oldest damn tradition to complain about the corruption of youth. The minute cavemen developed language they probably started whining about spoiled youth that needed cooked food and a spear to hunt with lol.
hellhound1
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I disagree. I don’t think there should be a hierarchy of importance in a family. We are all equally important. DH and I are in charge obviously, but sometimes we make sacrifices for our son and sometimes his wants are sacrificed for ours. It just depends on what will keep the family unit the healthiest.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

this has already been posted before on cafemom. :?
ButchersWife
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Agreed!
Locked Previous topicNext topic