Say it louder for the people in the back

Anonymous 6

Unread post

I grew up with my mother feeling she was the most important. that's not how I wanted to raise my kids. In our home, No one is more important than the other. dh and I tend to put the kids first but not to the detriment of our marriage. different strokes and all that.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:51 am Closed minded and reaching, especially the end.
Idk I agree with him. Admittedly I'm old fashioned though. I think kids should understand we love them in that 'we'd die for you attitude'. But I work hard to provide for them things they want and my ex gave them things they wanted also. My parents and even my grandparents also helped out or left money for them. No one had to do these things above basic food clothing and shelter. I think that's something that kids should respect. I also think it's okay to say as this family has helped you so should you reciprocate by doing chores or helping out when someone isn't well. Remember your mother's birthday, your grandmother's, they damn well remember yours. And I think when kids know they're valued as people who can help out they feel better about themselves.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:08 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:51 am Closed minded and reaching, especially the end.
Idk I agree with him. Admittedly I'm old fashioned though. I think kids should understand we love them in that 'we'd die for you attitude'. But I work hard to provide for them things they want and my ex gave them things they wanted also. My parents and even my grandparents also helped out or left money for them. No one had to do these things above basic food clothing and shelter. I think that's something that kids should respect. I also think it's okay to say as this family has helped you so should you reciprocate by doing chores or helping out when someone isn't well. Remember your mother's birthday, your grandmother's, they damn well remember yours. And I think when kids know they're valued as people who can help out they feel better about themselves.
Nothing you said is dependant on what is talked about in the article. I don't cosleep, but if someone does and that works for their family, that isn't going to change how their kids grow up. Growing up, no one was more important, we were all equally important, and we greatly respect our parents. It is way too closed minded, saying if you don't parent just like this, you are doing it wrong, as if there is only one way to teach kids respect. And the last part is the most bullshit of it all, society is more vocal now of what is said and shown in music and television shows because we are more aware of what is right and wrong, you don't need to put others down to build yourself up and there is no glamour and humor in racism and sexual assault, not being they grew up entitled and are just too sensitive.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't even understand why this is even a thing. I love my husband and kids. There is no competition there to see who comes first. Sometimes someone needs more attention and affection than everyone else, but that doesn't mean one or the other has a designated number beside their names. Life is a balancing act. You need to devote time and attention to your children, but you also want to make sure that you don't lose focus on yourself or your other relationships. Sometimes we aren't so great at that balancing act, but most do the best they can. This whole my husband comes first bullshit is just that bullshit, IMO.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am I understand what you're saying but cosleeping doesn't even fit into what you're trying to convey.
If you want to cosleep, great. I understand there are benefits, especially if you are nursing, it is just easier.

However, my point is some kids feel entitled to sleep with Mom and Dad. They feel like it's something they deserve instead of sleeping in their own beds. If my parents said get out of my bed/room, I would respect that. Many kids are not taught that these days. I didn't even enter my parents room freely or climb into their bed freely, I had to be invited and knock first. I see so many kids thinking they shouldn't have to do that. Our kids are not allowed to enter our room freely either, or climb into bed with us. They know if they are sick that's the exception, even then there's no getting in our bed, you come get us/wake us up but you don't just get into our bed. That's the marriage bed, not a place for kids to hang out.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Everyone is the most important person in my family, including me.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No. Children are the most important, our DNA demands it...
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 am
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:21 am I am the most important person in the world and my kids know that. Kidding sort of lol.

I make sure their needs and most of their wants are met. But they also know if momma ain't happy, no one is going to be happy. Happy wife, Happy life.
Yes red, we're all aware you're a narcissistic ball buster. Not something I would be proud of but you do you.
Thanks!!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:08 am
Nothing you said is dependant on what is talked about in the article. I don't cosleep, but if someone does and that works for their family, that isn't going to change how their kids grow up. Growing up, no one was more important, we were all equally important, and we greatly respect our parents. It is way too closed minded, saying if you don't parent just like this, you are doing it wrong, as if there is only one way to teach kids respect. And the last part is the most bullshit of it all, society is more vocal now of what is said and shown in music and television shows because we are more aware of what is right and wrong, you don't need to put others down to build yourself up and there is no glamour and humor in racism and sexual assault, not being they grew up entitled and are just too sensitive.
I agree with you. But I've seen kids that think what extras parents do for them is their due. That's entitlement. What you're saying isn't.. that's a change in what society finds acceptable and all for the good.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. We are a marriage centered family too.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic