“A shining example” of why owning and knowing how to properly use a gun is important.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:17 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 pm
libbylu wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:36 pm
🙄
I’ve been told that dozens of times.
Am I supposed to believe a bunch of moms on a social media site?
You’re all blowing smoke out of your a&&es because you have to feel that you're always right .
You’ve been told you can shoot someone in your front yard for trespassing? Not in regular neighborhoods. Maybe a farm where you have things on your property. I dunno about that but I have friends who do gun training and they’ve always said you can’t shoot them if they’re running out of your house. At least not after they get to the front door.
That's right. You can defend yourself but when you pursue someone who's running out your door and shoot them in the back that is not defending yourself.

States have different laws regarding this. Ironically the pro-gun states have adopted "stand your ground" statues where other states have "duty to retreat". Places like Florida you might be able to get away with shooting a fleeing person in the back. States where you have a duty to retreat you won't be able to get away with it.
I think we have a stand your ground. But I don’t think that means that you can chase after someone. But that’s just what my police officer friend said. He joked that if you shoot them and they fall out your front door to move them. He didn’t mean it of course.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 pm
You’ve been told you can shoot someone in your front yard for trespassing? Not in regular neighborhoods. Maybe a farm where you have things on your property. I dunno about that but I have friends who do gun training and they’ve always said you can’t shoot them if they’re running out of your house. At least not after they get to the front door.
That's right. You can defend yourself but when you pursue someone who's running out your door and shoot them in the back that is not defending yourself.

States have different laws regarding this. Ironically the pro-gun states have adopted "stand your ground" statues where other states have "duty to retreat". Places like Florida you might be able to get away with shooting a fleeing person in the back. States where you have a duty to retreat you won't be able to get away with it.
I think we have a stand your ground. But I don’t think that means that you can chase after someone. But that’s just what my police officer friend said. He joked that if you shoot them and they fall out your front door to move them. He didn’t mean it of course.
So many idiots in Florida had apparently thought the new stand your ground law allowed reckless lawlessness that I'm surprised so many states have adopted this law. But yeah, you can't shoot someone who is running out of your house, that makes you the aggressor. Plus why would anyone want to?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:45 pm

So many idiots in Florida had apparently thought the new stand your ground law allowed reckless lawlessness that I'm surprised so many states have adopted this law. But yeah, you can't shoot someone who is running out of your house, that makes you the aggressor. Plus why would anyone want to?
No idea. I have guns but they’re for hunting or if my family is in direct danger. If the guy is running away I’m not in danger at the moment. I probably wouldn’t put my gun completely away until the police got there just in case the guy decided to come back.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:45 pm
No idea. I have guns but they’re for hunting or if my family is in direct danger. If the guy is running away I’m not in danger at the moment. I probably wouldn’t put my gun completely away until the police got there just in case the guy decided to come back.
That makes sense.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Don't care, this story does not mean every person should own a gun.
Locked Previous topicNext topic