“A shining example” of why owning and knowing how to properly use a gun is important.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm I have one like this in my room. It will have to do if they get past the pit bulls.

I have been taking notes from Michonne.
And if the robber has a gun? My gun has a bright light(not a laser pointer) it makes it so the other person can’t see(if the room is dark a bright light will blind them for a bit)
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm Hope you have the good fortune to already be in your bedroom if someone ever breaks in...
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Hockey, do you mind me asking if your guns are locked away? If someone breaks in what are the chances of you calmly walking over to the gun safe and putting in your code and loading the gun and of course this person will wait for you to choose your weapon?
I have a lockbox in my nightstand that takes seconds to open. It’s fingerprint. I could get to most of my guns if something happens in the middle of the night. All guns are in my room
I also have a German Shepherd. I don’t think a lot of break in happen during the day when they know people are home and awake.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:28 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm I have one like this in my room. It will have to do if they get past the pit bulls.

I have been taking notes from Michonne.
And if the robber has a gun? My gun has a bright light(not a laser pointer) it makes it so the other person can’t see(if the room is dark a bright light will blind them for a bit)
He won't have a head what does it matter if he has a gun? If anything, I now own a gun of my own.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good for her!
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 pm
libbylu wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm This thread is disturbing.
Remember this?

Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, Obama said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

He was right!
Yep, I do remember.
When I first read his comment, I was impressed at his honesty and encouraged that he was brave enough to tell the truth about it.
He was right about that and so many other things.
I miss him. :(
Deleted User 473

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:57 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 pm
libbylu wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm This thread is disturbing.
Remember this?

Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, Obama said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

He was right!
Yep, I do remember.
When I first read his comment, I was impressed at his honesty and encouraged that he was brave enough to tell the truth about it.
He was right about that and so many other things.
I miss him. :(
The world misses him.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm I’d like to see a picture of the knife sharpening tool he grabbed. It’s like such an odd thing to grab out of a kitchen.
I think it's that round thing on a knife handle, basically like a metal dowel with a handle attached. That would make a hell of a hole if used as a knife.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Contrary to popular belief, most burglaries do not occur at night at all. Instead, 65% of burglaries occur between 6am and 6pm. Most burglars do not want to risk encountering someone so they will try your home when you're most likely to be at work. The most common hours for a burglary to occur are between 10am-3pm.

https://simplisafe.com/blog/break-in-times
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm Hope you have the good fortune to already be in your bedroom if someone ever breaks in...
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 pm
I have a lockbox in my nightstand that takes seconds to open. It’s fingerprint. I could get to most of my guns if something happens in the middle of the night. All guns are in my room
I also have a German Shepherd. I don’t think a lot of break in happen during the day when they know people are home and awake.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:15 pm If that woman was so well trained, why couldn’t she have shot him somewhere that would disable him instead of killing him?
She didn't want to. She apparently was quite well trained, enough that she got off a kill shot with one bullet at 3am.

It's a widely held belief that in a home invasion, you shoot to kill. A dead criminal can't sue you, which has happened in many home invasions. And the scum breaking in has prevailed in many of those cases.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 pm Contrary to popular belief, most burglaries do not occur at night at all. Instead, 65% of burglaries occur between 6am and 6pm. Most burglars do not want to risk encountering someone so they will try your home when you're most likely to be at work. The most common hours for a burglary to occur are between 10am-3pm.

https://simplisafe.com/blog/break-in-times
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 pm
I’m home most days. They’d have to break the glass on my front door and deal with a pissed German Shepherd that would give me plenty of time to grab the gun. Most burglars case a house and skip houses that have dogs since they make too much unwanted noise.
Locked Previous topicNext topic