Could you feed 4 for $400 a month?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

If they are truly hungry, not just bored then they aren’t eating enough at their core meals. Snacks are an option not a must have.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 pm I'm of the belief that children need snacks. Can't stand the thought of them going hungry!
leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:18 pm I don't think my kids could get through the day without snacks! I, on the other hand, probably should cut them out!

they can they just don't want to.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My family eats about $900 a month with toiletries for a family of six/seven (depending on the day)
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I know some people do it, but I have no idea how I could. I spend about $400 each week to feed my family of four, and that doesn’t include my wine budget.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 am Prices went up for a while here, but they're starting to come back down. People also seemed to be stockpiling the less expensive foods, especially meats, for a while. So I wound up buying the already more expensive options, at further inflated prices.
lauren08 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:14 pm Nope. We have 6 in our family, and we probably spend more than that in a week. The groceries are also getting more expensive around here now, ever since the pandemic.
Yup, here too. It’s annoying!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would depend where you live and what you guys usually eat. The biggest price increases where I live is imported fruits and vegetables and meat. I looked at my vegan daughter's grocery prices for the past 6 months compared to the rest of the prices and hers haven't gone up.

If you used beans and tofu as your sources of protein and used frozen vegetables you could keep your grocery bill low.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I could. I spend $250 every two weeks but I could get it down if i needed to. But we do eat a lot of pasta by choice.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It all comes down to preference I suppose but I would rather my children snack throughout the day than eat large amounts all at once. It works for us.
I'm curious at what point you think that kids should stick to only meals? I haven't said how old mine are.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 am If they are truly hungry, not just bored then they aren’t eating enough at their core meals. Snacks are an option not a must have.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 pm I'm of the belief that children need snacks. Can't stand the thought of them going hungry!
leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:37 pm

they can they just don't want to.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's not looking good for us so far, but I'm going to try my best. I have a few subscriptions coming that I'm not going to put off for another month so those will be eating to my budget, but aside from that I'm trying quite hard to cut back.
Blue_Prelude wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:21 pm I know some people do it, but I have no idea how I could. I spend about $400 each week to feed my family of four, and that doesn’t include my wine budget.
Melly Jelly 1
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Probably. I regularly feed 6 people, 3 dogs a cat and a turtle for $600
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Breakfast for dinner can be cheap and filling.
Locked Previous topicNext topic