A teacher friend of mine wants to post this in her classroom.

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:32 am
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:18 am There weren’t any when I went to college!
We just kept plugging along, going to class, doing our class work and projects, etc. and working to pay for our education.

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.

Things have changed since the stone age. Democrats invented the "safe place" and "trigger warnings", you know.
No they didn’t.
Something tells me you’re a very unhappy, envious person.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

1960-65
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 am When did you go to college?
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:18 am There weren’t any when I went to college!
We just kept plugging along, going to class, doing our class work and projects, etc. and working to pay for our education.

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

1960-65.
But my grandkids are in college now and they would laugh ( and so would I) at the suggestion that there are “ safe places” on campus or anywhere. They’re working and going to class and paying their own way . There are so many College kids here who would laugh at it.
This “ safe places ” crap is so ridiculous!

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:36 am

This isn’t the 60s. There are tons of safe spaces in college now. No more free speech.
There are no safe spaces at any colleges near me
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s the extremist radical right fascists ‘ narrative without merit. They come up w this shit and chant it like mindless bots.

The idea that young people are getting an education and show empathy and compassion, speak out against injustice, embrace the idealism on which this country was founded, are affected by violence and are strong enough/intelligent enough to reach when they need help, AND reject the fascist/racist in the WH, burns these extremist right wing fascists.
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:14 am 1960-65.
But my grandkids are in cool now and they would laugh at the suggestinon that there are “ safe places” on campus or anywhere. They’re working and going to class and paying their own way .

Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I like it, it's true, time kids learned that now.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Yep
Well said 👍🏻
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:24 am It’s the extremist radical right fascists ‘ narrative without merit. They come up w this shit and chant it like mindless bots.

The idea that young people are getting an education and show empathy and compassion, speak out against injustice, embrace the idealism on which this country was founded, are affected by violence and are strong enough/intelligent enough to reach when they need help, AND reject the fascist/racist in the WH, burns these extremist right wing fascists.
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:14 am 1960-65.
But my grandkids are in cool now and they would laugh at the suggestinon that there are “ safe places” on campus or anywhere. They’re working and going to class and paying their own way .
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'm a middle school teacher and I wouldn't post that in my class. However, I would probably say it to them in my own way.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There are no safe spaces?

That’s exactly what a conversation with a teacher in private is supposed to be... a safe space that you can tell someone if you are dealing with abuse.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:25 am There are no safe spaces?

That’s exactly what a conversation with a teacher in private is supposed to be... a safe space that you can tell someone if you are dealing with abuse.
Yes I can certainly understand that.

But some of these women aren’t that deep or informed and they’re turning “safe place” into a joke.
Locked Previous topicNext topic