What state do you live in?

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:53 pm
Same here, and with 111 cases today hopefully we are getting a leg up on it and continue to do so. Also active case are under 2,000.
Ontario here too! I'm in Windsor. Our cases in Essex county are high due to Agri-farm outbreaks. It's horrific how the migrant workers are being treated and the local government won't enforce testing in that community. As a result our rural districts are still in stage 1, which is horribly unfair. I'm in the city and our community spread numbers are fairly low.
I didn't like the staggered reopenings. I'm in Simcoe county and all it did was push people from the GTA north to my city 😒 they issued over 200 tickets to non-residents that weekend. I'm glad things are opening up all over rather than patches.
That was like here as well. I am in the tri-cities area and the patios and farmers market were over run with people from Toronto. Hair dressers as well but they were prioritizing clients with appointments that had been cancelled. I am just glad indoor sports are starting as is my dancer and hockey player. His however will be purely skill based.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Ontario here too! I'm in Windsor. Our cases in Essex county are high due to Agri-farm outbreaks. It's horrific how the migrant workers are being treated and the local government won't enforce testing in that community. As a result our rural districts are still in stage 1, which is horribly unfair. I'm in the city and our community spread numbers are fairly low.
I didn't like the staggered reopenings. I'm in Simcoe county and all it did was push people from the GTA north to my city 😒 they issued over 200 tickets to non-residents that weekend. I'm glad things are opening up all over rather than patches.
I know Simcoe County. I did my first military occupational training at CFB Borden.
Nice! That's only about 15-20 minutes from me. I want to bring my kid to the museum. Haven't been there since I was a kid on a bowling team lol they used to have some tournaments there.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wisconsin, I love it. It is so beautiful so many places to travel to and see different things.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm Wisconsin, I love it. It is so beautiful so many places to travel to and see different things.
For some reason I thought you lived in California
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MD/Washington DC

I've lived in 7 different homes since birth, all within 5 miles of each other.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommeruchy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:29 pm We're in New York. I'm a born and bred Brooklyn girl but we live upstate now. Hopefully, soon, we will be in Israel.

how far upstate?

I'm in NY, the Falls end. I've lived in Florida but one Christmas is all it took for me to move home. I love my end of NY. We have natural beauty, parks , Falls, lakes, two really big lakes, easy access to Canada..
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:31 am
mommeruchy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:29 pm We're in New York. I'm a born and bred Brooklyn girl but we live upstate now. Hopefully, soon, we will be in Israel.

how far upstate?

I'm in NY, the Falls end. I've lived in Florida but one Christmas is all it took for me to move home. I love my end of NY. We have natural beauty, parks , Falls, lakes, two really big lakes, easy access to Canada..

I forgot to add the Covid stuff. We locked down fast in my area. Everyone hated it but we did it and now we've reopened, mostly. It sucks to be on high alert and locked down but our numbers are good, we see masks on about 95% of the people in public, people are being supportive and polite so it was worth it.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Florida.. and it’s bad here.
*formerly* 051515 ..

#zombiemom

#boymom
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 pm
Lotus wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm The Great Lakes State.
Yes, I love it here. I have lived in several other states, I do not see myself leaving Michigan anytime soon.
Howdy neighbour from across the lake!
waving at you from across the pond!
mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:31 am

how far upstate?

Not that far. Sullivan County. But definitely “upstate” for a city girl like me 🤣
Locked Previous topicNext topic