Siblings Sharing A Room

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 pm What about you sharing a room with the girl and the boy has the other room
Why, would anyone do this?
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 pm What about you sharing a room with the girl and the boy has the other room
Why, would anyone do this?
its something that i did consider but she's just such a light sleeper. she'll wake up when i'm leaving and then my son can't sleep well in the morning. the sitter is there but he can still hear her and stuff. its just a tough spot. i'm going to take the living room and let him have my room, i think.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Anonymous 8

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 am They are kids. They can share. Kids all over the world, at various ages, share rooms. You giving up your room is absurd. You pay the bills. You are an adult. Kids aren’t entitled to their own rooms.
Well I pay the bills but my son helps me A LOT. Probably more than any 10 year old should. I mean, he's the best son anyone could want and I try really hard not to put a lot on him but he just picks up slack without being asked. And I can tell that not having his own space can really wear on him.

Like okay today my boyfriend was there when I woke up. He surprised us. But my son had actually set an alarm to get up with his sister and make breakfast. He does this EVERY Sunday bc its my one day off. He gets up and makes his sister breakfast-and like a decent breakfast too not just a granola bar or something, we're talking this kid gets up and makes scrambled eggs for his three year old sister, and makes sure she uses the potty and all that, so I can sleep in a little. I don't sleep in really late bc i have homework or have brought work home...but you know, till like 8am. Then he will just keep her occupied if I'm in my room doing homework or something. I don't have to ask. He just does it bc he sees that I'm doing something and he knows its important.

I mean I come out and check on them and do stuff...but he just helps so much. And he used to have his own room before his dad and I split so I'm sure he's bummed that he's lost all that.
That’s great he’s so helpful. He’s also a minor. No parent should have to sleep on a couch because siblings don’t want to sleep in the same room. My kids are awesome too. I won’t give up my master bedroom because of it. That’s MY space.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:52 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 am They are kids. They can share. Kids all over the world, at various ages, share rooms. You giving up your room is absurd. You pay the bills. You are an adult. Kids aren’t entitled to their own rooms.
Well I pay the bills but my son helps me A LOT. Probably more than any 10 year old should. I mean, he's the best son anyone could want and I try really hard not to put a lot on him but he just picks up slack without being asked. And I can tell that not having his own space can really wear on him.

Like okay today my boyfriend was there when I woke up. He surprised us. But my son had actually set an alarm to get up with his sister and make breakfast. He does this EVERY Sunday bc its my one day off. He gets up and makes his sister breakfast-and like a decent breakfast too not just a granola bar or something, we're talking this kid gets up and makes scrambled eggs for his three year old sister, and makes sure she uses the potty and all that, so I can sleep in a little. I don't sleep in really late bc i have homework or have brought work home...but you know, till like 8am. Then he will just keep her occupied if I'm in my room doing homework or something. I don't have to ask. He just does it bc he sees that I'm doing something and he knows its important.

I mean I come out and check on them and do stuff...but he just helps so much. And he used to have his own room before his dad and I split so I'm sure he's bummed that he's lost all that.
That’s great he’s so helpful. He’s also a minor. No parent should have to sleep on a couch because siblings don’t want to sleep in the same room. My kids are awesome too. I won’t give up my master bedroom because of it. That’s MY space.
Eh. Its okay. I'll probably get to sleep in there on weekends bc they do like to have sleepovers together. I just feel like he's put up with a lot and honestly they'll probably be decently respectful of my area in the living room at night.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't see why they can't share a room
Put her toybox in the living room let her play on the living room and all they have to do is sleep in the room together
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:56 pm I don't see why they can't share a room
Put her toybox in the living room let her play on the living room and all they have to do is sleep in the room together
i just feel like he doesn't have his own space. she doesn't care bc she's content anywhere lol. but i feel like he's had to downsize so much and he misses out on a lot bc money's tight...so i just want him to at least have his own space to chill out and relax.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:56 pm I don't see why they can't share a room
i just feel like he doesn't have his own space. she doesn't care bc she's content anywhere lol. but i feel like he's had to downsize so much and he misses out on a lot bc money's tight...so i just want him to at least have his own space to chill out and relax.
She cant be kept in the living room during the day for him to do that. I could see if he was lets say 15 but he is 10
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:22 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:13 pm
She cant be kept in the living room during the day for him to do that. I could see if he was lets say 15 but he is 10
I mean she can be but like, where does he go to just shut the door and get a break if she wants to go in the room. or what if she's taking a nap (which would be a miracle). She goes to bed at like 7:30...so say she's in bed, he wants to watch some tv but i'm in there studying. Or maybe he just wants a break from all the My Little Pony, Disney Princess, Under the Sea toddler stuff thats taking over our tiny apartment. It just makes sense for him to have his own space for his own stuff.
megamom82
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

That's hard. Kids at that age really need space.
RedBottoms

Unread post

megamom82 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:48 pm That's hard. Kids at that age really need space.
not really. My boys are 11 and a half and they never are in their bedroom. They stay in the living room for the most part.
Locked Previous topicNext topic