Would you be mad if your 16 year old got a passport behind your back?

Love
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:53 pm
Love wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 pm I would be more upset at the person who issued it since you need to be 18 or have parental consent to get a passport.
Like I said. It was legal for her to get one
Interesting. Where are you? Everything I've read for the US says minors need concent of some form.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't think I'd be upset, just concerned as to why she didn't tell me earlier.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would not be bothered by it as long as they were not going to use it without letting me know first. Its good to have one. I need to get us all one- just in case. Never know when you might have to leave the country because the mafia is after you or something
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 am
Canadiana wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:25 am Do you hang onto her other important documents like birth certificate etc? If not I'm not sure why you think it's weird she wants to keep it. Is she not responsible enough, does she lose things?
I keep all the important documents in the safe. That is the best place to keep that kind of stuff.
I am with you on this. I have all our documents like marriage certificate-house deed-car ownership papers-birth certificates-SS cards in one folder in a certain spot. I would ask that I keep her passport there just for safety sake and identity protection

Unread post

Love wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm
Love wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 pm I would be more upset at the person who issued it since you need to be 18 or have parental consent to get a passport.
concentrate?. Where are you. Everything I've read for the US says minors need concent of some form.
I am in the US. You are wrong sorry. Look at the form that were posted.
Love
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:15 pm

concentrate?. Where are you. Everything I've read for the US says minors need concent of some form.
I am in the US. You are wrong sorry. Look at the form that were posted.
What page?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would be pretty pissed that she would do it behind my back. Why do you think she felt she couldn’t be open about it?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I used to think that too, but I learned after a post on CM that was just like this one that 16 year olds can indeed get passports without parental consent from both parents. As long as one parents signs a notarized consent, sho could get it without her mother knowing.
[/quote

Interesting. Where are you? Everything I've read for the US says minors need concent of some form.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Love
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:23 pm I used to think that too, but I learned after a post on CM that was just like this one that 16 year olds can indeed get passports without parental consent from both parents. As long as one parents signs a notarized consent, sho could get it without her mother knowing.

[/quote

I see. I must have missed where dad concented.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, I don't think I would be mad. I would remind her that I she can always talk to me about big decisions, such as going out of the country and such.
Locked Previous topicNext topic