Siblings Sharing A Room

noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 pm Are they in the largest room?
Yeah. The rooms are basically the same size but I think there's longer whereas mine is more like a bigger square? Does that make sense?
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:10 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:20 pm What are the measurements of this room?
I just looked on the complex site and they’re not actually on the floor plan. I’m going to guess and say 10 feet long and 5 feet wide? I’m bad at dimensions lol. There’s enough space for the loft bed but bc it’s kind of narrow it’s awkward to put furniture other than the dresser in there.
10 x 5 is 50 square feet. A normal bathroom size is 9 x 5, or 45 square feet. Get a tape measure, lol.
I don't have one lmao. You can fit three full size beds across my room. I'm sorry! I'm trying so hard to describe it without actual dimensions lol.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:38 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:10 am

I just looked on the complex site and they’re not actually on the floor plan. I’m going to guess and say 10 feet long and 5 feet wide? I’m bad at dimensions lol. There’s enough space for the loft bed but bc it’s kind of narrow it’s awkward to put furniture other than the dresser in there.
10 x 5 is 50 square feet. A normal bathroom size is 9 x 5, or 45 square feet. Get a tape measure, lol.
I don't have one lmao. You can fit three full size beds across my room. I'm sorry! I'm trying so hard to describe it without actual dimensions lol.
How tall are you? How tall are your kids. Lay foot to foot across the room
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

What about you sharing a room with the girl and the boy has the other room
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 pm What about you sharing a room with the girl and the boy has the other room
I think I addressed this but I'm not sure. She does sleep with me on weekends but she's a really light sleeper. The reason this is an issue is that I get up early for work-like as early as 2am and she inevitably wakes up. I've tried all kinds of things to sneak out, I don't turn on the light, I've kept the door open so it doesn't crack when I get up to leave out the room...she just wakes up from normal moving around. And she just doesn't go back to sleep. The sitter is there and keeps her away but he's not the heaviest sleeper either so it's just the normal moving around, her being a toddler that wakes him up and then the poor kid is up around 2:30am and exhausted in school. He says at least if she's in there with him he can sleep till about 7:30am-she's a good sleeper IF she's not woken up lol.

In our house before we moved it wasn't a huge deal if she was up before him because there were different levels and being upstairs he was fine. But this set up to living room, dining room, kitchen and then to the side of the living room there's the hall to the bathroom and bedrooms. Theres no distance between the community areas and the bedrooms.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:55 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:38 pm

How tall are you? How tall are your kids. Lay foot to foot across the room
LOL I just asked me son to do this and he looked at me like I'm crazy. I'm going to track down the dimensions today. But when you put it that way maybe the room is 16X10? IDK I'M SORRY I'M SO BAD AT THIS.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd give them the rooms and take the living room.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:50 am I'd give them the rooms and take the living room.
That's what I'm leaning towards. Ds hates my bed though so we're going through my room over the next few weeks and getting rid of stuff and rearranging furniture so he can put his bed in my room.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

They are kids. They can share. Kids all over the world, at various ages, share rooms. You giving up your room is absurd. You pay the bills. You are an adult. Kids aren’t entitled to their own rooms.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 am They are kids. They can share. Kids all over the world, at various ages, share rooms. You giving up your room is absurd. You pay the bills. You are an adult. Kids aren’t entitled to their own rooms.
Well I pay the bills but my son helps me A LOT. Probably more than any 10 year old should. I mean, he's the best son anyone could want and I try really hard not to put a lot on him but he just picks up slack without being asked. And I can tell that not having his own space can really wear on him.

Like okay today my boyfriend was there when I woke up. He surprised us. But my son had actually set an alarm to get up with his sister and make breakfast. He does this EVERY Sunday bc its my one day off. He gets up and makes his sister breakfast-and like a decent breakfast too not just a granola bar or something, we're talking this kid gets up and makes scrambled eggs for his three year old sister, and makes sure she uses the potty and all that, so I can sleep in a little. I don't sleep in really late bc i have homework or have brought work home...but you know, till like 8am. Then he will just keep her occupied if I'm in my room doing homework or something. I don't have to ask. He just does it bc he sees that I'm doing something and he knows its important.

I mean I come out and check on them and do stuff...but he just helps so much. And he used to have his own room before his dad and I split so I'm sure he's bummed that he's lost all that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic