Dave Portnoy unloads on anti-Israel college protesters: 'I wouldn't hire any of these activists

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm Well, yeah I disagree. Because it’s blatantly obvious that these “human rights groups” you’re blindly believing are anything but unbiased. Amnesty International? Just a few weeks ago they eulogized a terrorist serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing, castrating and murdering an Israeli teenager, calling his death “heart wrenching” and referring to him just as a “writer”. All while saying that he died neglected in an Israeli prison when in reality he died in an Israeli hospital where he was receiving care for a terminal illness. And it refuses to call Hamas a terrorist organization. And the U.N.? Just today footage of terrorists coming and going from an UNRWA facility using U.N marked vehicles. Doctors Without Borders? NGO Monitor made these statements: “ However, as shown by MSF’s political campaigns since the brutal Hamas October 7 massacre, its stated commitment to the principles of “neutrality and impartiality” do not extend to Israel. MSF has repeatedly demonized Israel, ignored Israeli victims, and erased Hamas’ massive war crimes and responsibility for turning Gaza into a massive underground terror base.”
“In multiple statements, MSF uses extreme rhetoric that casts Israel as the perpetrator of the very worst crimes.”

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/reports/do ... as-terror/

Red Cross?
“The International Red Cross has adopted an overwhelmingly skewed approach to the Hamas-Israel war in its social media, according to a new report by the Geneva-based monitoring group UN Watch.”

https://unwatch.org/report-red-cross-s ... st-israel/

So maybe you’re all for blindly believing these groups with an obvious agenda because it matches yours. But if you’re going to go on a demonization campaign, the least you can do is be SURE that you’re not demonizing the good guys and thus helping the bad guys. Just because you don’t care about giving these accusations any credit and don’t bother to analyze the reality and just jump on the bandwagon that matches your own prejudices, that doesn’t make it true.
I’ve lived in Israel, I’ve met IDF soldiers, I’ve talked with Arab citizens of Israel, I’ve seen what anti Israel activists do, I’ve experienced both antisemitism and support, I’ve seen the intellectual and moral contrast between Israel supporters and Hamas supporters. I’ve seen firsthand the bunch of lies being spread and the double standard when it comes to Israel. Of course I’m not saying Israel is perfect, no country is. But fact is that while other countries are accused of “making a mistake”, Israel is accused or “war crimes” for the same mistakes.
So what do you have to be 100% sure that your idea of these alleged “human rights violations” are undeniably true? Because I have no problem claiming that about 98% are false and the remaining 2% are committed by many other countries and go ignored.
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:05 pm

I know you disagree but almost every international human rights group as well as some human rights groups in Israel have been stating for years that Israel was/is violating Palestinian human rights. You can claim that they are all wrong but should "we" blame young people worldwide for believing them?
I am not a protestor.

"You can claim that they are all wrong but should "we" blame young people worldwide for believing them?"
If they’re breaking any laws… yes.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm Well, yeah I disagree. Because it’s blatantly obvious that these “human rights groups” you’re blindly believing are anything but unbiased. Amnesty International? Just a few weeks ago they eulogized a terrorist serving a life sentence for kidnapping, torturing, castrating and murdering an Israeli teenager, calling his death “heart wrenching” and referring to him just as a “writer”. All while saying that he died neglected in an Israeli prison when in reality he died in an Israeli hospital where he was receiving care for a terminal illness. And it refuses to call Hamas a terrorist organization. And the U.N.? Just today footage of terrorists coming and going from an UNRWA facility using U.N marked vehicles. Doctors Without Borders? NGO Monitor made these statements: “ However, as shown by MSF’s political campaigns since the brutal Hamas October 7 massacre, its stated commitment to the principles of “neutrality and impartiality” do not extend to Israel. MSF has repeatedly demonized Israel, ignored Israeli victims, and erased Hamas’ massive war crimes and responsibility for turning Gaza into a massive underground terror base.”
“In multiple statements, MSF uses extreme rhetoric that casts Israel as the perpetrator of the very worst crimes.”

https://www.ngo-monitor.org/reports/do ... as-terror/

Red Cross?
“The International Red Cross has adopted an overwhelmingly skewed approach to the Hamas-Israel war in its social media, according to a new report by the Geneva-based monitoring group UN Watch.”

https://unwatch.org/report-red-cross-s ... st-israel/

So maybe you’re all for blindly believing these groups with an obvious agenda because it matches yours. But if you’re going to go on a demonization campaign, the least you can do is be SURE that you’re not demonizing the good guys and thus helping the bad guys. Just because you don’t care about giving these accusations any credit and don’t bother to analyze the reality and just jump on the bandwagon that matches your own prejudices, that doesn’t make it true.
I’ve lived in Israel, I’ve met IDF soldiers, I’ve talked with Arab citizens of Israel, I’ve seen what anti Israel activists do, I’ve experienced both antisemitism and support, I’ve seen the intellectual and moral contrast between Israel supporters and Hamas supporters. I’ve seen firsthand the bunch of lies being spread and the double standard when it comes to Israel. Of course I’m not saying Israel is perfect, no country is. But fact is that while other countries are accused of “making a mistake”, Israel is accused or “war crimes” for the same mistakes.
So what do you have to be 100% sure that your idea of these alleged “human rights violations” are undeniably true? Because I have no problem claiming that about 98% are false and the remaining 2% are committed by many other countries and go ignored.
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:52 pm So if protesters are misguided and no human rights are being violated, it’s OK to protest and encourage others to do so? It’s OK to disrupt and target people just because you were told that they were violating human rights? I mean, if you’re going to glorify a group of people and demonize another, shouldn’t you at least make sure you’re right about it before doing it?

I know you disagree but almost every international human rights group as well as some human rights groups in Israel have been stating for years that Israel was/is violating Palestinian human rights. You can claim that they are all wrong but should "we" blame young people worldwide for believing them?
You are referencing NGO Monitor (the organization that demonizes Save the Children) which has been classified as a Pro-Israeli Government Right wing foundation. They are given mixed reviews when it comes to reporting. Lets be honest here and say there are no true unbias organizations left. They are all going to report a skewed view of the side they wish to represent. Three sides to every story and most will agree that both sides are telling half truths.

With that being said I do believe that Hamas is more likely to skew the view toward their side, and is less credible however I will not say that the Israeli Government is being 100% truthful in its reporting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic