I can’t be the only one that thinks this is unsanitary and icky

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s how fish and chips were traditionally served 🤷🏼‍♀️
Nowadays it’s a special kind of paper, though. It’s not the newspaper you just picked up from your front lawn.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:12 pm What is the benefit of just throwing it on the table versus placing it in bowls and serving platters?
And yuck to the corn laying on newspaper and then going into my mouth!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I do recall seeing fish and chips served on white papered tables. IMO, that'd be better than newspaper. But now that you've informed me that the "newspaper" that is seen in the pic isn't the sort of newspaper that one reads, I will say that that's a bit less gross to me.

But regarding buffets...In general, I don't think they provide the most sanitary of conditions. And I'd definitely not put myself at one or a large gathering at this time.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:26 pm That’s how fish and chips were traditionally served 🤷🏼‍♀️
Nowadays it’s a special kind of paper, though. It’s not the newspaper you just picked up from your front lawn.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:12 pm What is the benefit of just throwing it on the table versus placing it in bowls and serving platters?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

And even kings once ate without utensils...like this:

:lol:
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:26 pm That’s how fish and chips were traditionally served 🤷🏼‍♀️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s really just meant to give the presentation that rustic, authentic look.

But yeah, it’s a bad idea to go to any gathering that involves sharing food right now.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:29 pm I do recall seeing fish and chips served on white papered tables. IMO, that'd be better than newspaper. But now that you've informed me that the "newspaper" that is seen in the pic isn't the sort of newspaper that one reads, I will say that that's a bit less gross to me.

But regarding buffets...In general, I don't think they provide the most sanitary of conditions. And I'd definitely not put myself at one or a large gathering at this time.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic