Has your 2 year old ever held a loaded gun and pointed it at their face?

Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:39 pm

her son wasn't unsupervised. he was in the same room with her and she turned away for a few minutes he got a sharpie m do you sit and stare at your kids 24/7
If I had been negligent enough that my child had a loaded gun to their head yes I would sit and stare at them until they were old enough to be out if my house and on their own.

The sharpie thing wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't part of a string of events that happened when this two year old was unsupervised. Being in the same room alone is not proper supervision.
i Remember the gun post and if I remember correctly it was in her husband office and she didn't know it was within his reach. that isn't her fault but her idiot husband. my kids drew on walls, flush stuff down the toilet, climb out of the window to chase the ice cream truck, while playing in his soon my son got the carpets string around his neck. that is to name a few things that happened. my kids are grown now. shit happens. . I didn't have the ability to stare at my kids 24/7.
Lets also remember that he has put the children in danger more times than we can count. She keeps saying how much she hates him and wants to leave, claims she has multiple opportunities to leave yet instead of leaving she has another baby with him. But she can't leave her meal ticket. She is just as much to blame for every single incident as her boyfriend (not husband) is.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 13

Unread post

My issue is she fails to take responsibility. What piss poor parent wouldn’t feel guilty that their child almost killed themselves because of their neglect? I couldn’t forgive myself for that. Drawing on walls is one thing. Pointing a LOADED GUN at a toddler’s face is entirely different.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

no cuz i am not stupid enough to keep one in a place where it could be reached by a 2yr old
Anonymous 15

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:28 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm

If I had been negligent enough that my child had a loaded gun to their head yes I would sit and stare at them until they were old enough to be out if my house and on their own.

The sharpie thing wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't part of a string of events that happened when this two year old was unsupervised. Being in the same room alone is not proper supervision.
i Remember the gun post and if I remember correctly it was in her husband office and she didn't know it was within his reach. that isn't her fault but her idiot husband. my kids drew on walls, flush stuff down the toilet, climb out of the window to chase the ice cream truck, while playing in his soon my son got the carpets string around his neck. that is to name a few things that happened. my kids are grown now. shit happens. . I didn't have the ability to stare at my kids 24/7.
Lets also remember that he has put the children in danger more times than we can count. She keeps saying how much she hates him and wants to leave, claims she has multiple opportunities to leave yet instead of leaving she has another baby with him. But she can't leave her meal ticket. She is just as much to blame for every single incident as her boyfriend (not husband) is.
Yep she leaves and he tells her he will buy her a new car and promises vacations and such and she goes back. She knows how incompetent he is yet she stays and makes him watch the kids. She only thinks about herself.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Is it normal for children to get into things they aren’t supposed to? Absofuckinglutly! A loaded gun, no and I wasn’t suggesting that it was, but take out what it was and most wouldan’ t think much of it. The failure was in the parent who it belongs to not putting it up. Not the mom blinking and the kid getting into it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:31 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:27 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Shooting what?
At 3 it was a bb gun with adult hands on the gun with them at all times. Teaching them how to hold it, to treat it like its always loaded, never to point it at people, how to safely carry it, etc.
At 13 I'm not sure what my son is shooting because he does most of it with my dad not me. But he does hunt deer and rabbits. He hasn't gotten a deer yet but he shoots, cleans, cooks, and eats the rabbits he gets by himself.
You taught a 3 year old how to see if a bb gun is loaded? How?

You don't know what he's shooting. Why? What would you use to shoot a rabbit?
Reading comprehension is your friend. We taught our 3 year old to treat the bb gun like its always loaded. You know never point it at anyone, always keep your finger off of the trigger unless you're ready to shoot, etc.

I don't know what he's shooting because I'm not into bigger guns. My dad has taken him deer hunting and has taught him to hunt rabbits as well. My husband took our son to a hunters safety course before he was allowed to do that. He has his jr hunting license as required by the state. The hunters safety course was like 8 hours plus studying the book and answering questions on his own. He uses my dads guns with my brother and dad not with me. I've never taken him hunting.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:43 pm Is it normal for children to get into things they aren’t supposed to? Absofuckinglutly! A loaded gun, no and I wasn’t suggesting that it was, but take out what it was and most wouldan’ t think much of it. The failure was in the parent who it belongs to not putting it up. Not the mom blinking and the kid getting into it.
My kids have gotten a sharpie in the house. Absolutely, but when you are in the garage with a child, a garage that has many sharp tools and chemicals you keep a better eye. What if he grabbed lighter fluid or bug or weed killer and decided to drink it?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I just don't understand her. I can't understand being as helpless and weak as she is. She claims she has raised her other kids and they are fine and yet doesn't understand how a sucker is a choking issue.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:11 pm I just don't understand her. I can't understand being as helpless and weak as she is. She claims she has raised her other kids and they are fine and yet doesn't understand how a sucker is a choking issue.
She never raised her other kids her ex did and still does. He has custody and there's a reason for that, because she is incompetent. She gets "visitation" that's it. She tries to claim otherwise and that she "co-parents" with her ex but she only ever has her older kids when it's convenient for her and that's rare.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m not or never will be a gun owner
Not my thing.
My kids have gotten into a million things they shouldn’t have.
3 adults were in the backyard with him and he poured a beer all over himself. Because they move faster than I ever thought he could have
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic