Your home paint colors—do they reflect you?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:56 pm each of the 5 bedrooms are painted a different color, I don't decide what color my kids rooms are (except babies). It's not my room, it's and they should be happy and comfortable with it. The common spaces upstairs are light gray, and downstairs the common area well that's all dh. I guess the colors reflect everyone who lives in this house
Greys are so in! It’s definitely the 2010-2025 color!
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Loving traditional! I've always wanted my home to be in blacks, grays, and white with little splashes of accent color. When we did our remodel several years ago we went monochrome, as planned. It was our preference.. no concern for trends.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 amHas anybody else broken away of the grey, greige, and beige colors? Or are you loving the traditional?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:00 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:47 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 pm I hate brightly colored walls. It always looks tacky. Our house is neutrals with lots of colored accents.

We did have bright walls. I don't think they were tacky, but they did feel dated quickly.
I was worried about this. But I am trying to just do a couple of accent walls with majority of walls “compatible cream” which has warm gold/yellow undertones. We shall see, hubby promised me if we tire of it, I can just re-do some areas. And I know we will have to bring some one back in a few years without DD outgrows her pink phase!

I like the idea of accent walls.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've never done traditional and this is one reason I love owning and hate renting. I want to paint the walls whatever I want them to be. In the last house we sold, when the stager came in she said "Personally I LOVE the colors you have in here, but this is not good for resale. We need to repaint it a more neutral color."

People have always complimented us on our color choices on our walls, and then they are even more impressed when we say we painted it all ourselves. I don't think painting is that hard, but then I volunteer in the community theatre and I've seen people who just don't get it and shouldn't even be holding a roller or brush. lol
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is not a single white or beige wall in my house and every room is a different color. It’s very much me.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MiaBella wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:35 pm Loving traditional! I've always wanted my home to be in blacks, grays, and white with little splashes of accent color. When we did our remodel several years ago we went monochrome, as planned. It was our preference.. no concern for trends.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 amHas anybody else broken away of the grey, greige, and beige colors? Or are you loving the traditional?
See, I actually think grey is very trendy right now, lol.

Beige to me is more classic.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It does. It's full of bright, rich, warm colors. That's us. I don't do pastels, and I sure as f**k don't do the gray/greige/beige shit. We're not beige people and we won't live in a beige house.

I mean, I have no doubt that it would never sell with its current color scheme, or at least not profitably, but I don't care about that at the moment. My last paint job wasn't even that expensive. f**k it. If and when I decide to sell, I'll repaint it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SisterSomeone wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:53 pm It does. It's full of bright, rich, warm colors. That's us. I don't do pastels, and I sure as f**k don't do the gray/greige/beige shit. We're not beige people and we won't live in a beige house.

I mean, I have no doubt that it would never sell with its current color scheme, or at least not profitably, but I don't care about that at the moment. My last paint job wasn't even that expensive. f**k it. If and when I decide to sell, I'll repaint it.
You sound like DH after we met with the color consultant, lol. He was like, "Honey, f**k Greige. I didn't even know that was a color." LOL
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm I've never done traditional and this is one reason I love owning and hate renting. I want to paint the walls whatever I want them to be. In the last house we sold, when the stager came in she said "Personally I LOVE the colors you have in here, but this is not good for resale. We need to repaint it a more neutral color."

People have always complimented us on our color choices on our walls, and then they are even more impressed when we say we painted it all ourselves. I don't think painting is that hard, but then I volunteer in the community theatre and I've seen people who just don't get it and shouldn't even be holding a roller or brush. lol
I never realized how bad I was at painting, until I saw how good this guy is, LOL. But yea, we'd have to repaint a couple of walls if we wanted to sell.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:04 pm
SisterSomeone wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:53 pm It does. It's full of bright, rich, warm colors. That's us. I don't do pastels, and I sure as f**k don't do the gray/greige/beige shit. We're not beige people and we won't live in a beige house.

You sound like DH after we met with the color consultant, lol. He was like, "Honey, f**k Greige. I didn't even know that was a color." LOL
Exactly. I first heard that term from a color consultant when we last painted a few years ago. She said something like "Greige would be a lovely choice, very neutral and marketable," and I said "What the f**k is greige?"
Locked Previous topicNext topic