I can't stand the grandparents!! They ignore my daughter. What to do?

EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:30 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:21 pm How could he have left you while you were pregnant (implies a relationship) and yet you only met him twice? And why are you expecting a warm relationship with the family of a man that you only met twice?
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply a relationship. I had only met him twice. We had met through mutual friends. After the second time, he stopped talking to me. Later I found out I was pregnant, hit him up on Myspace and he blocked me. I decided to not bother with him and that I would raise my baby on my own. After he agreed to the paternity test, I thought that he might have grown up and would want to be involved but NO! drugs are more important to him. I don't want him in my daughter's life. So are you indicating that since I barely knew their son, that they should not want a relationship with their grandchild????
I think she's indicating that you sure expect a lot from these people when you kept your kid away from them for 8 years in the first place. What reason would they have to think you won't just decide to cut them off again if they try to make an effort? They can't be blamed for being cautious. Sad for your kid to not have that grandparent relationship, but they owe you nothing, and it falls back on you and your choices in the end.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic