Who was wrong

Anonymous 8

Unread post

I don't totally object to video game playing. What I do object to is a grown adult neglecting the needs of any family member while dedicating hours to a video game.
Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:57 pm I would ask my husband to look at it. If he didn't, I would video chat my dad and find out what I needed to get to fix it. My dad would walk me through what I need.

Then I may forget to make enough dinner for dh or wash his clothes for a while. I hate video games.
Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

So a man is expected to think logically. But a woman who wants a shower late and the shower isn't working is allowed to think it's okay to have her husband fix it late at night. Don't you think that logic was out the window for both of them.
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 pm
Mom of monkeys wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 pm For one a husband isn't a kid. For two, why is home repair his job. For three a woman can do home repair.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 pm

I would tell my kid to shut off the game and come. It's a game, I don't care if you lose some progress, it's time to shut it off.
I think she's saying a kid because that's who I usually called to dinner and who usually got upset if I got mad and turned off his game. And yes I do a lot of home repairs but the point also is the guy could have said look it's 9pm I don't want to do this now because I won't have time. Go take a bath and I'll watch the kids. I'll fix it tomorrow. Instead he had to be snotty about it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom of monkeys wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 am So a man is expected to think logically. But a woman who wants a shower late and the shower isn't working is allowed to think it's okay to have her husband fix it late at night. Don't you think that logic was out the window for both of them.
Mom of monkeys wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 pm For one a husband isn't a kid. For two, why is home repair his job. For three a woman can do home repair.
I think she's saying a kid because that's who I usually called to dinner and who usually got upset if I got mad and turned off his game. And yes I do a lot of home repairs but the point also is the guy could have said look it's 9pm I don't want to do this now because I won't have time. Go take a bath and I'll watch the kids. I'll fix it tomorrow. Instead he had to be snotty about it.
I'm saying he was wrong for calling her a dumbass for no other reason than she asked him to look at a shower. He could have used his adult words as somewhere else said. Even 'for God's sake can't you give me a minute here? ' would be okay. It's the insult I don't like.
Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

At that hour, kids under 2 should have been in bed. There was zero reason she couldn't take a bath. Her bothering him to fix a shower that late could have been seen as an insult too. That his time didn't matter to her. In the time it would have taken to look at the shower, go to the store and fix it she could have had a bath. So she is just as wrong as he is. His words were hurtful but her actions were too.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 am
Mom of monkeys wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 am So a man is expected to think logically. But a woman who wants a shower late and the shower isn't working is allowed to think it's okay to have her husband fix it late at night. Don't you think that logic was out the window for both of them.

I'm saying he was wrong for calling her a dumbass for no other reason than she asked him to look at a shower. He could have used his adult words as somewhere else said. Even 'for God's sake can't you give me a minute here? ' would be okay. It's the insult I don't like.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom of monkeys wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 pm At that hour, kids under 2 should have been in bed. There was zero reason she couldn't take a bath. Her bothering him to fix a shower that late could have been seen as an insult too. That his time didn't matter to her. In the time it would have taken to look at the shower, go to the store and fix it she could have had a bath. So she is just as wrong as he is. His words were hurtful but her actions were too.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 am
I agree with you however I'm still not keen on one adult calling another a name. If I was pestered at 9pm I would be annoyed though. It's like is a pipe burst? If not it can wait. Perhaps both can just agree they were wrong and move on with their lives.
Locked Previous topicNext topic