Jo Jo needs to grow grow up!

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's the annoying girl with those big ass ugly bows?

My DD (11) can't stand her.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:14 pm
EmilyH87 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:00 pm

If the point was for her to appeal to teenagers, she'd change it up. But her audience is kids (and I will still call a teenager a kid and so will others). Not sure why you've got yourself all worked up over this. How many actors are actually as young as the characters they portray?
SHES a singer not a actress.
Oh, I thought she was a dancer
She is a dancer, actress, singer and youtube star.
RedBottoms

Unread post

For the non Dance Moms obsessed folks

Here is a history of JoJo.

She was born to a mother that had her own dance studio and was a dance teacher. She was put on stage at a very early age. There are youtube videos of an onstage solo at 2 years old. 2 years old!

She grew up performing in dance competitions. At about 8 She was in Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition on Life time. It was a dance competition for young kids judged by Abby Lee Miller. She made it a little more than halfway through the competition.

From there-the producers liked her and her mom and she was brought in as a regular cast member for Dance Moms. She danced on Dance Moms about 2 seasons until she got a contract with Nickelodeon.

She left Dance Moms and did stuff with Nickelodeon. She also developed a popular youtube channel and started doing music videos.

Eventually her mother and her branded the bows that she was known for and other merchandise. Now she is worth millions as the merchandise sells very well and she has become an icon.

Now she does youtube stuff and has a music tour.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:46 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:39 pm When she started she was younger so her videos grow with her.

However, she’s still a child, not a grown adult.
She is NOT a child she is 15. That's a teenager. HECK she has a learners permit. She can drive and owns a car. What child can legally drive a car?

And her videos and songs aren't growing with her. A kid in a candy store! Yeah I am sure every teenager loves that song.
It depends where you live. In some places, even though the kid is a teen, they still might be considered a child. Here they are classed as infants, toddlers, school-age, youth then adult. All-in-all though, it is only semantics anyway right!

But you are right, a 15 year old is a teen; however, they still have an ability to act like children.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

is this the Jo Jo that was on maury years ago, when he did a 'Talented Kids' program?
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have no idea who this girl is but it looks like she's a children's entertainer, hence she's being dressed in her videos to appeal to CHILDREN. There's nothing unusual about it. From the picture its' obvious they aren't trying to hide the fact that she's a teenager. If you don't want your children being entertained by a teenager dressing like a child then the simple solution is to stop letting your kids watch her.

At least she hasn't pulled a Miley and started swinging on a wrecking ball.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I think you can't win with some people. If the teen acts like a teen or grown up-they chastise her for being too mature. If she acts like a kid-they make fun of her for being too babyish. Its a can't win situation
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 am I think you can't win with some people. If the teen acts like a teen or grown up-they chastise her for being too mature. If she acts like a kid-they make fun of her for being too babyish. Its a can't win situation
Agreed. My two girls act younger than they are sometimes, but I am happy with their innocence. Before I know it, that will be history!
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I looked her up on YouTube. Give it another year or two and she will be to old to play the role she is playing and will have to find something else to do.
Shadowgirl123
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 pm I looked her up on YouTube. Give it another year or two and she will be to old to play the role she is playing and will have to find something else to do.
So sad but so true. I love that she gears her videos to the 6-10 crowd (my 9 year old included.) but even my dd is starting to outgrow her. I hope she can reinvent herself to stay relavent, but it is such a fine line.
Locked Previous topicNext topic