I don't let others drive my car

bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:01 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm My husband and I have a combined insurance policy, so this is not an issue.
How would that cover friends and family driving your car?
Your insurance really doesn’t cover someone borrowing your car? That’s kind of odd.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do lend my car to family and friends. I don’t have a problem with it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds weird to me too. Maybe it’s a regional thing? Here I’ve never heard of car borrowing being an issue with car insurances. When my in laws lived a couple of houses away we loaned each other our cars all the time. We never had any accidents, but if we did we would’ve taken responsibility for the cost.
bluebunnybabe wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:57 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm My husband and I have a combined insurance policy, so this is not an issue.
Your insurance really doesn’t cover someone borrowing your car? That’s kind of odd.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 pm Sounds weird to me too. Maybe it’s a regional thing? Here I’ve never heard of car borrowing being an issue with car insurances. When my in laws lived a couple of houses away we loaned each other our cars all the time. We never had any accidents, but if we did we would’ve taken responsibility for the cost.

Maybe a regional thing like you said, or some kind of cut rate policy. The only policy I’ve ever had that doesn’t cover any licensed driver is my commercial policy.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I wouldn't lend my car to anyone because if they have an accident in it I wouldn't want to have to deal with the hassle of getting it repaired or replaced, I wouldn't want to have to deal with the potential fallout of them not paying any costs associated with the accident, and I wouldn't want to assume the rate increase that may come as a result of them having the accident.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm late to claim anon 2 but I can't imagine not letting my husband drive my car. Some of you have some really strange relationships but whatever.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 am I'm late to claim anon 2 but I can't imagine not letting my husband drive my car. Some of you have some really strange relationships but whatever.
My SO and I are on the same page. There has never been a reason for us to drive each other's cars. I'm not sure why you consider that strange.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am
How would that cover family and friends?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I live in New England have State Farm Insurance and they only cover me. When married it covered myself and my husband only. Anyone else to be covered needs to be listed as a driver for that vehicle.
Locked Previous topicNext topic