I can't even go in my own backyard.

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:28 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am

You are assuming animal control would even do something.
Depends on the city I suppose. Our animal control is pretty good. We called on a group of 5 small dogs barking for half an hour straight at 2am. They came out and checked it out. I think they got a couple more calls on those same dogs over the next few weeks. It wasn't long after that those dogs weren't residing at that house anymore.
And if OP keeps calling every time it happens, they'll get tired of being called to the same residence and they'll do something.
Or they will tell her they cant do anything and stop calling. I had that happen to me.
then I would have replied so you are accepting liability then next time the dog gets into my yard and attacks one of us or my dogs?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Many communities have "Barking Nuisance Laws."

If you've already spoken with your neighbor about how the constant barking is bothering you, ban together with surrounding neighbors and have everyone start to report the nuisance! The fines that are associated with the law will certainly get the attention of your non-compliant neighbor!

Check out this piece on nuisance barking laws:
http://www.laanimalservices.com/laws-po ... e-barking/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:29 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Depends on the city I suppose. Our animal control is pretty good. We called on a group of 5 small dogs barking for half an hour straight at 2am. They came out and checked it out. I think they got a couple more calls on those same dogs over the next few weeks. It wasn't long after that those dogs weren't residing at that house anymore.
And if OP keeps calling every time it happens, they'll get tired of being called to the same residence and they'll do something.
Or they will tell her they cant do anything and stop calling. I had that happen to me.
then I would have replied so you are accepting liability then next time the dog gets into my yard and attacks one of us or my dogs?
The owners would be liable not animal control
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:45 pm

AC would be in trouble too if there is a paper trail of you making reports and them ignoring them and doing nothing
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 pm

AC would be in trouble too if there is a paper trail of you making reports and them ignoring them and doing nothing
What makes you say that? Why do you think they have any liability?

Please prove your point.

What do you think happens in places where there isn't even animal control?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:03 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 pm

What makes you say that? Why do you think they have any liability?

Please prove your point.

What do you think happens in places where there isn't even animal control?
that works for most government things. Like schools. If you alert school to a problem of a kid bullying your kid. You can sue the kid's parents and the school for harassment. The one doing the harassing and the government entity that was in charge but looked the other way.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Look into getting one of these
Attachments
6934F59C-87EB-4324-A6F4-44D0A238621A.jpeg
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

put up your own privacy fence.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd start a complete feud over that. Worst part...the poor kid who is allergic and has to live with a dog.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:27 pm Look into getting one of these
Its not her dog. Kind of hard to put one on the neighbours dog. Trust me I would love to put one on my neightbours dog, that damn thing barks at anything and everything including the leaves in the trees.
Locked Previous topicNext topic