Warren calls for the elimination of the Electoral College

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly!
You’re always so eloquent and educated on your posts. I always enjoy reading them. You say what I want to say much better than me 😁
EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:52 pm A direct vote election would clearly allow your vote to count and does not in any way mean "liberal cities or states" would be speaking for you. It does NOT mean that "fly-over" country has no say. That's nonsense. Nor would eliminating the EC mean we might as well "scrap the entire Constitution." That is also ridiculous.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 pm Exactly! Thank you! What happened to those 3 million that voted for Hillary above Trump? They were thrown away as garbage! All those votes had no validity. How fair is that?
Spunky wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm I would be fine with that. The way it's set up now pretty much equals wasted votes.
She had almost 4 million total more than Trump in 2 cities alone....NYC and LA. Those 2 cities alone can count for her winning the popular vote. Anyone not living there would have wasted their vote.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup
3 million people might as well stayed home.
My vote didn’t count. I might as well stayed home. Same for most of my friends and relatives!
BUT
Our state voted blue— the Electoral electors voted for Hilary.👏
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 pm Exactly! Thank you! What happened to those 3 million that voted for Hillary above Trump? They were thrown away as garbage! All those votes had no validity. How fair is that?
Spunky wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm I would be fine with that. The way it's set up now pretty much equals wasted votes.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yep!
And you’re not so bad!😊👏
You two hit the nail on the head!
Eloquently.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:34 pm Exactly!
You’re always so eloquent and educated on your posts. I always enjoy reading them. You say what I want to say much better than me 😁
EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:52 pm A direct vote election would clearly allow your vote to count and does not in any way mean "liberal cities or states" would be speaking for you. It does NOT mean that "fly-over" country has no say. That's nonsense. Nor would eliminating the EC mean we might as well "scrap the entire Constitution." That is also ridiculous.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

That’s not quite accurate. Without her other votes, those 4 million LA/NYC votes wouldn’t have put her ahead in the popular vote. You just showed how every vote (should) count.

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 pm
She had almost 4 million total more than Trump in 2 cities alone....NYC and LA. Those 2 cities alone can count for her winning the popular vote. Anyone not living there would have wasted their vote.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If the election had gone the other way, and Hillary won, how many of you would still support doing away with the electoral college?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 pm If the election had gone the other way, and Hillary won, how many of you would still support doing away with the electoral college?
I would!
Definitely!
The Electoral College is taking away the right to vote from citizens.
We just go through the motions while a few people in each state decide what their state supposedly wants them to do!
Deleted User 969

Unread post

If Trump had received more popular votes but Hillary won, I’d feel the same. I wasn’t fond of either of them, but my third party vote was irrelevant because I live in a blue state.
29again wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 pm If the election had gone the other way, and Hillary won, how many of you would still support doing away with the electoral college?
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 pm
I would!
Definitely!
The Electoral College is taking away the right to vote from citizens.
We just go through the motions while a few people in each state decide what their state supposedly wants them to do!
No, libby, that is not how it goes. Not the way you imply. The EC electors in each state vote for the candidate the majority of the people in their state voted for. Now, are there issues/problems in how state pick their electors? Yes, but that doesn't mean we should scrap the whole thing and just let a few big cities decide for the whole country. You stated earlier that your state's electors went for Hillary, because the majority of the voters in your state voted for her. How much more majority rule can you get, than the few people chosen to vote in the EC vote the way the majority of your state voted?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Right back at you. If Hillary had won without the popular vote, but thanks to the EC, how many of YOU would be bitching about it?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic