The Gaza-ification of the West Bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who was there before 1200 BCE?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:32 pm Actually, no. There’s archaeological evidence of Jewish presence in the land since 1200 BCE. At the time, it was called Judea, where the 12 tribes of Israel established themselves, hence the term “Jew”. In fact, the Bible never uses the words “Jew” or “Jewish”. Were either referred to as Hebrews, Beit Yascov (house of Jacob) or Israelites, since the Torah says that after fighting with the angel, God changed the name of Jacob to “Israel”. There came the time of the judges and the time of the kings, where the area was divided in 2: the kingdom of Judea and the Kingdom of Israel, both “Jewish”. It was King David who united the 2 to form one kingdom: Israel. And he established the capital in Jerusalem. That happened around 1000 BCE.

Now, the first mention of Arabs is in the 9th century BCE, when the area was the kingdom of Israel. And they’re not originally from that area, they lives in what’s modern day Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, obviously Islam didn’t exist at the time. In fact, Arabs didn’t settle in Jerusalem until the 7th century, when the first caliphates started to rise and conquering adjacent regions, like Egypt. This has always been a conquered land because it ties with Christianity and Islam too, they both have wanted to be the rulers of it, hence the Crusades. Now, why didn’t Jews go in to fight as well? Because we accepted our exile, it was prophesied, but it was also prophesied that at the right moment we will return to our land. In the meantime, we tried to live as outsiders wherever we could.

The area was eventually conquered by the Ottoman Empire, that’s when Arabs flourished in the region. There were also Jewish people in the land, there have always been Jews in the land, even during exiles and foreign rule. In fact, one of the most Jewish friendly rulers of the area was Alexander the Great, who after (curiously) flattening Gaza, arrived at Jerusalem and refused to destroy it after meeting the High Priest Jaddua. Even today, “Alexander” is an accepted Jewish name, in his honor.

After the British captured the region, it became the British Mandate of Palestine. After WWI, talks started in England about creating an independent Jewish state in the area- the movement called “Zionism”. That’s all “Zionism” is, nothing evil or sinister about it: the idea that Jews have a right of self determination in their ancestral land. Then a series of pogroms started in the area and adjacent Arab countries. Now, that’s when JEWS were chased out of these countries. It took the horrors of the Holocaust and huge worldly guilt to finally create the State of Israel. And no, the U.N didn’t shooed Arabs away to settle Jews. The partition divided the region in 2: a part to be turned into a Jewish state and a part to be turned into an Arab state. BTW, the term “Palestinian” referred to the people living in that land, much like some Spaniards refer to themselves as “Basque” for being originally from the Basque region, but they’re Spaniards. “Palestinian”, as exclusively an Arab group was coined by Yasser Arafat.

Anyway, BOTH Jewish and Arab Palestinians had to be relocated to their respective areas. The myth that Jews came to kick out Arabs comes from the fact that there was a much larger immigration of Jews to the area than Arabs. But the Jews that came during and after the Holocaust went to the area that was lawfully and legitimately established as the Jewish part. Some Arabs did choose to stay and are the ancestors of the Arab citizens of Israel today. The Druze, for example, were particularly welcomed. They have traditionally supported Israel in all the wars with Arab countries and have even referred to themselves as Druze Zionist.

So, 1948, the U.N partition resolution passes and Jews of the area accepted it, the Arabs didn’t. So they gathered the help of other Arab countries to eliminate the Jewish population settling in their rightful area. Miraculously, the newly formed Israel kicked their collective asses. They tried again in 1967, and again, they got their asses kicked. During that war, that lasted 6 whole days, Israel legitimately acquired East Jerusalem and the West Bank from Jordan, and the Gaza Strip from Egypt. Those were NEVER palestinian territory. Israel didn’t “steal” that land from Palestinians. In fact, there has never been an independent country called “Palestine”, so even the motto “free Palestine” is a fallacy. Fee the Arab population of the region, who are now called “Palestinians”, by all means. But they aren’t help hostage, oppressed and abused by Israel. They are by their leaders: Hamas and the PA.

Occupation? Another lie. Israel hasn’t “occupied” Gaza since 2005 when actually Jewish people were forcibly removed from their homes, forced to leave their lives behind and relocate in order to leave the area for the palestinians to create their own independent country. And see what they did to it. It could’ve been a paradise, the new Singapore or Hong Kong, with everything Israel left behind for them to use and the billions in international aid they got. Instead, they chose a terrorist organization as their government, who stole all the aid to create terror tunnels, make rockets and provide a lavish life for their leaders in Qatar, destroyed everything that Israel left behind and uses them as human shields, nothing more than convenient victims in their campaign to demonize Israel and ultimately destroy it.

Sorry if this is long, but I wanted to clearly state the facts and point out the lies.

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:29 pm
SlimShady wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:49 pm

Basically it’s coming down to “We gave it to you, but want it back now” because Hamas being there and in charge is too much of a threat.

Following the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, Egypt administered the newly formed Gaza Strip. It was captured by Israel in the Six-Day War in 1967. Between 1994 and 1999, Israel transferred security and civilian responsibility for much of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to the Palestinian Authority.
https://www.loc.gov › today › archive
Thanks for explaining. I know y’all have different point of views and it helps to hear both.

So y’all…….I’m gonna need a simplified version of this so I can somewhat understand the big picture before I can tackle the details.

From what I am hearing , Britain kicked out Arabs and moved Jews who needed a safe place after the Holocaust into what is now Israel and gave Gaza Strip/West Bank back to Arabs who have been living under oppression ever since.

Is this basically what happened? It seems like both sides have drastically different views on the events leading up to this and I am just trying to make heads/tails of it.

If anyone wants to chime in, please do cause I’m confused.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think this article and included map brings clarity to borders of West Bank and who controls what.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52756427
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SlimShady
Countess
Countess

Unread post

https://www.shorthistory.org/ancient-ci ... ion/?amp=1
Della wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:41 am Who was there before 1200 BCE?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:32 pm Actually, no. There’s archaeological evidence of Jewish presence in the land since 1200 BCE. At the time, it was called Judea, where the 12 tribes of Israel established themselves, hence the term “Jew”. In fact, the Bible never uses the words “Jew” or “Jewish”. Were either referred to as Hebrews, Beit Yascov (house of Jacob) or Israelites, since the Torah says that after fighting with the angel, God changed the name of Jacob to “Israel”. There came the time of the judges and the time of the kings, where the area was divided in 2: the kingdom of Judea and the Kingdom of Israel, both “Jewish”. It was King David who united the 2 to form one kingdom: Israel. And he established the capital in Jerusalem. That happened around 1000 BCE.

Now, the first mention of Arabs is in the 9th century BCE, when the area was the kingdom of Israel. And they’re not originally from that area, they lives in what’s modern day Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, obviously Islam didn’t exist at the time. In fact, Arabs didn’t settle in Jerusalem until the 7th century, when the first caliphates started to rise and conquering adjacent regions, like Egypt. This has always been a conquered land because it ties with Christianity and Islam too, they both have wanted to be the rulers of it, hence the Crusades. Now, why didn’t Jews go in to fight as well? Because we accepted our exile, it was prophesied, but it was also prophesied that at the right moment we will return to our land. In the meantime, we tried to live as outsiders wherever we could.

The area was eventually conquered by the Ottoman Empire, that’s when Arabs flourished in the region. There were also Jewish people in the land, there have always been Jews in the land, even during exiles and foreign rule. In fact, one of the most Jewish friendly rulers of the area was Alexander the Great, who after (curiously) flattening Gaza, arrived at Jerusalem and refused to destroy it after meeting the High Priest Jaddua. Even today, “Alexander” is an accepted Jewish name, in his honor.

After the British captured the region, it became the British Mandate of Palestine. After WWI, talks started in England about creating an independent Jewish state in the area- the movement called “Zionism”. That’s all “Zionism” is, nothing evil or sinister about it: the idea that Jews have a right of self determination in their ancestral land. Then a series of pogroms started in the area and adjacent Arab countries. Now, that’s when JEWS were chased out of these countries. It took the horrors of the Holocaust and huge worldly guilt to finally create the State of Israel. And no, the U.N didn’t shooed Arabs away to settle Jews. The partition divided the region in 2: a part to be turned into a Jewish state and a part to be turned into an Arab state. BTW, the term “Palestinian” referred to the people living in that land, much like some Spaniards refer to themselves as “Basque” for being originally from the Basque region, but they’re Spaniards. “Palestinian”, as exclusively an Arab group was coined by Yasser Arafat.

Anyway, BOTH Jewish and Arab Palestinians had to be relocated to their respective areas. The myth that Jews came to kick out Arabs comes from the fact that there was a much larger immigration of Jews to the area than Arabs. But the Jews that came during and after the Holocaust went to the area that was lawfully and legitimately established as the Jewish part. Some Arabs did choose to stay and are the ancestors of the Arab citizens of Israel today. The Druze, for example, were particularly welcomed. They have traditionally supported Israel in all the wars with Arab countries and have even referred to themselves as Druze Zionist.

So, 1948, the U.N partition resolution passes and Jews of the area accepted it, the Arabs didn’t. So they gathered the help of other Arab countries to eliminate the Jewish population settling in their rightful area. Miraculously, the newly formed Israel kicked their collective asses. They tried again in 1967, and again, they got their asses kicked. During that war, that lasted 6 whole days, Israel legitimately acquired East Jerusalem and the West Bank from Jordan, and the Gaza Strip from Egypt. Those were NEVER palestinian territory. Israel didn’t “steal” that land from Palestinians. In fact, there has never been an independent country called “Palestine”, so even the motto “free Palestine” is a fallacy. Fee the Arab population of the region, who are now called “Palestinians”, by all means. But they aren’t help hostage, oppressed and abused by Israel. They are by their leaders: Hamas and the PA.

Occupation? Another lie. Israel hasn’t “occupied” Gaza since 2005 when actually Jewish people were forcibly removed from their homes, forced to leave their lives behind and relocate in order to leave the area for the palestinians to create their own independent country. And see what they did to it. It could’ve been a paradise, the new Singapore or Hong Kong, with everything Israel left behind for them to use and the billions in international aid they got. Instead, they chose a terrorist organization as their government, who stole all the aid to create terror tunnels, make rockets and provide a lavish life for their leaders in Qatar, destroyed everything that Israel left behind and uses them as human shields, nothing more than convenient victims in their campaign to demonize Israel and ultimately destroy it.

Sorry if this is long, but I wanted to clearly state the facts and point out the lies.

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:29 pm

Thanks for explaining. I know y’all have different point of views and it helps to hear both.

So y’all…….I’m gonna need a simplified version of this so I can somewhat understand the big picture before I can tackle the details.

From what I am hearing , Britain kicked out Arabs and moved Jews who needed a safe place after the Holocaust into what is now Israel and gave Gaza Strip/West Bank back to Arabs who have been living under oppression ever since.

Is this basically what happened? It seems like both sides have drastically different views on the events leading up to this and I am just trying to make heads/tails of it.

If anyone wants to chime in, please do cause I’m confused.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 pm
SlimShady wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:39 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:19 pm

So if we go back to the biblical days, both Muslims and Jews populated the area. So technically both are considered the “original settlers” and they have taken turns fighting each other for control up until now.

Is that more accurate/fair?
Jews were there first because of the progression of the creation of the religions.

Judaism came first, then Christianity showed up, then Islam.

The area was called Judea ( as in Jude/Jewish)in the Bible. Israel is talked about, but there’s no mention of Palestine. There are mentions of Philistines, and they occupied an area in the south, they’re thought to be predecessors to Palestinians.

5A5C68BE-763F-431F-A176-9BC4BD8E1C52.jpeg
I think I understand that now, thank you. Lord, I feel like I need to go back to Sunday school and our educational system needs to do a better job of teaching the history behind this because it’s a lot to take on.
What further complicates it is that an individual interpretation of history is generally biased. This bias comes from everything from our religion, political leaning, family structure, ethnicity, lived experiences ("War of Northern Aggression" vs "Civil War" comes to mind). Mom2boys is a wealth of important information and provides a much needed perspective so I am not trying to dismiss her's or anyone else's posts as this is Mom2boys truth. But I do feel that it's important to hear from or read other perspectives to get a full picture, especially when it comes to what's happening currently in Israel/Gaza.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:45 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 pm
SlimShady wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:39 pm

Jews were there first because of the progression of the creation of the religions.

Judaism came first, then Christianity showed up, then Islam.

The area was called Judea ( as in Jude/Jewish)in the Bible. Israel is talked about, but there’s no mention of Palestine. There are mentions of Philistines, and they occupied an area in the south, they’re thought to be predecessors to Palestinians.

5A5C68BE-763F-431F-A176-9BC4BD8E1C52.jpeg
I think I understand that now, thank you. Lord, I feel like I need to go back to Sunday school and our educational system needs to do a better job of teaching the history behind this because it’s a lot to take on.
What further complicates it is that an individual interpretation of history is generally biased. This bias comes from everything from our religion, political leaning, family structure, ethnicity, lived experiences ("War of Northern Aggression" vs "Civil War" comes to mind). Mom2boys is a wealth of important information and provides a much needed perspective so I am not trying to dismiss her's or anyone else's posts as this is Mom2boys truth. But I do feel that it's important to hear from or read other perspectives to get a full picture, especially when it comes to what's happening currently in Israel/Gaza.
I have been listening to people on the Palestine side as well and y’all have been a big help.

I agree. There are A LOT of mental, emotional, physical and spiritual layers to this, so it’s hard not to be bias and/or torn between both.

For me, this one is hard because it involves two oppressed groups that I can empathize with in some way and this has made me evaluate my own relationship with God for sure.

I just pray something happens to protect these babies soon. I can handle a lot but that is an incredibly triggering topic for me, so I am having a very hard time seeing past that.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The land was known as Canaan. The Canaanites weren’t one single nation, but rather many different ethnic groups, with many of those being nomadic. Eventually some settled and built cities, like Megiddo and Akko. The Phoenicians were also in the region, but there’s debate on whether they were a separate people from the Canaanites or they’re simply what the Greeks called the Canaanites.
The Late Bronze Age collapse destroyed many of these ancient civilizations. The cause for this is unknown, but there several theories, like climate change, natural disasters, trade disruption, internal wars within these civilizations. Most scholars believe that there wasn’t a single cause, but a combination of many. Of course, during the archaeological boom of the 19th and 20th centuries, some said it was the Hebrews, under Moses and Joshua who destroyed all these civilizations. I tell you, that blood libel has been with us forever. A small group of nomadic people with no military experience caused the greatest collapse in the known world, yeah right 🙄.
But the Hebrews eventually did fight some wars and established in the land Canaan, “the promised land” after God’s promise to Abraham. According to the Bible, Abraham went to Canaan and established there, that’s where Isaac and Jacob were born, so Jewish ties to Israel may go way back than 1200 BCE. All these civilizations no longer exist. So the oldest civilization that ruled the land AND still exists are the Jews.

Religiously speaking, it has been an interesting month of weekly Torah portions. The Torah is divided into portions that are read, debated and analyzed each week, starting on Shabbat. The connections to what’s happening has been uncanny.
The day of the massacre was the holiday of Simcha Torah, when we finish a year of these weekly portions and start a new one with the very first one, the account of creation. The connection here is by one of our greatest sages, Rashi, who asked that if the Torah is a book of laws and not of history, why not start with laws? He lived from 1040-1105, and way back then he said that it’ll come a time when people will tell us it’s not our land, that we have no right to it. But what God is saying is that by creating the world, it’s His world and he decides who goes where, not humans.
The week after the massacre, and this one is unbelievable, is the story of Noah. It says that God saw that the world was filled with “violent robbery”. At least that’s how the word used is translated because there’s no translation for the Hebrew word. The Hebrew word used is “hamas”. And it goes on to say the God will destroy the world to destroy “hamas”. That same word appears in the book of Prophets, Isaiah 60:18.
Last week, it was the weekly portion when God tells Abraham to leave his land and go to Canaan and the promise that it will be the land of his descendants. It’s also the one with the commandment of circumcision, long kabbalistically associated with the illogical survival of the Jewish people.
Can’t wait for next week…
SlimShady wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:30 am https://www.shorthistory.org/ancient-ci ... ion/?amp=1
Della wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:41 am Who was there before 1200 BCE?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic