Disney World is now open

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 am Totally. As I said, some risks you have to take. Like having to go to work. My husband does not they’re being too careful. The office is just him and my sil, both in homes where everyone else is staying home. They’re not allowing anyone going into the office, everything is done through the phone, radios or the computer. DH monitors the factory through cameras. My fil obviously isn’t going to work, he’s 80. Masks are obligatory, anyone caught without a mask or an improperly placed mask faces a fine. DH and sil also wear face shields.

So I’m confident we’re doing everything we can to keep safe. If either of us gets sick, well, that just happened. But it certainly wouldn’t be from us doing something stupid like going to Disney right now.
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 am Universal has been open since June 11th. There is no way we would go to Universal or DW even with the precautions. Not to mention, FL has had a surge in cases.. No thanks.
Wait, your DH has a factory and he’s not going out on the factory floor with his employees? I find that reprehensible. If it’s not safe enough for him it is not safe enough for anyone that works for him. Absolutely elitist and disgusting.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 am I cannot wrap my mind around social distancing at amusement parks. But I am sure there will be a whole generation of masked little girl & princess pics, lol.

But

Not to be the rain cloud on Monday morning, but the world is not going to be normal again for years. We are going to keep seeing illness and death as the virus continues infect millions of people. We can slow it down, but we can’t make it stop. That’s the sad truth, that no politician will say, “we cannot be closed forever, so we are opening things up, but based on current epidemiologica trends, we will have to accept that 4-5% of the Adult population will likely die, and at least another 5% or more will require prolonged medical care with chronic problems lifelong, as we continue to transmit the illness to the Majority of the population.”

They need to speak the truth so people understand the risks of these activities, in my opinion.
It really irks me that the CDC isn’t being held more accountable for its missteps, specifically the complete shit show that was failed early testing. Fauci should have been kicked out of the driver seat immediately as an impractical choice to navigate this crisis for a country of 350 million people not because he’s incompetent but because his natural complete aversion to unknown risks inspired closures that were not sustainable and therefore not the best choice for this country. And don’t get me started on Trump. The two of them perfectly highlight the issue with the US response to everything lately - we have all lost any sense of pragmatism and rather than coming up with rational, sustainable solutions many are digging their heels in supporting completely ridiculous positions simply because that’s what the other side is doing.

Look at how divisive something so simple has wearing a mask has become. Or calls to defund the police. The voices of the crazy people are so much louder than the moderate voices that I’m seriously worried about the future of this country.
I am no fan of Trump & can certainly understand your frustration and anger.

I review, with the value of hindsight, what we could have done or need to do differently. And I don't know what sort of US administration would have managed it competently during an election season. Each platform has other agendas that are near & dear to their hearts and they need to use all circumstances to leverage their goals.

Just from my anecdotal experience, communicable diseases in American culture have always been a nightmare to contain. I have diagnosed my fair share of STDs in patients when I was in school, and I have friends that work in public health that have to track down TB exposures & make sure people are following the guidelines -- it's a nightmare, honestly. Contact tracing is not simple to do with those diseases, and tests are EASILY available for those & transmission is much more difficult, but yet, we still struggled. So I guess I am more forgiving for the errors among the way.

But I do think if I was in leadership, I would give a LOUD direct, honest message -- All of this erroneous "99% of people do fine' BULLSHIT OR the opposite side "we need to remain in lock-down until transmission rates cease" because that is just as ludicrous.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Things will never go back to the way they were before.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Actually the reason why he’s going to the factory is so that his employees can see that they’re there too. They’re all monitored for temperature at the entrance, DH included. He’s going because he knows it’s a morale booster when they see the owners there.
But in fact, his production has been severely lowered because it’s not fully operational everyday. Precisely because he doesn’t want to put employees at risk. Each day just one section works, which means just 3-4 people. It’s seriously cutting into his production, but his employees need the job. He actually hasn’t cut into their salaries even thought their working one day a week instead of five. And they were actually paid the 2 months they weren’t working. They weren’t going to reopen until this was over, but it was his employees who asked him to do it. He complied and is going himself even though he could do everything from our home.

So maybe ask before judging. My husband is protecting everyone with these measures, not himself. And the risks he’s taking, although minimal, he’s doing because his employees need the job and want to work.

Oh, and he offered private transportation to his employees, so they don’t have to risk public transportation. It costs him money. So there’s my husband caring about the safety of his workers for you.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:03 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:29 am Totally. As I said, some risks you have to take. Like having to go to work. My husband does not they’re being too careful. The office is just him and my sil, both in homes where everyone else is staying home. They’re not allowing anyone going into the office, everything is done through the phone, radios or the computer. DH monitors the factory through cameras. My fil obviously isn’t going to work, he’s 80. Masks are obligatory, anyone caught without a mask or an improperly placed mask faces a fine. DH and sil also wear face shields.

So I’m confident we’re doing everything we can to keep safe. If either of us gets sick, well, that just happened. But it certainly wouldn’t be from us doing something stupid like going to Disney right now.
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 am Universal has been open since June 11th. There is no way we would go to Universal or DW even with the precautions. Not to mention, FL has had a surge in cases.. No thanks.
Wait, your DH has a factory and he’s not going out on the factory floor with his employees? I find that reprehensible. If it’s not safe enough for him it is not safe enough for anyone that works for him. Absolutely elitist and disgusting.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:11 pm Actually the reason why he’s going to the factory is so that his employees can see that they’re there too. They’re all monitored for temperature at the entrance, DH included. He’s going because he knows it’s a morale booster when they see the owners there.
But in fact, his production has been severely lowered because it’s not fully operational everyday. Precisely because he doesn’t want to put employees at risk. Each day just one section works, which means just 3-4 people. It’s seriously cutting into his production, but his employees need the job. He actually hasn’t cut into their salaries even thought their working one day a week instead of five. And they were actually paid the 2 months they weren’t working. They weren’t going to reopen until this was over, but it was his employees who asked him to do it. He complied and is going himself even though he could do everything from our home.

So maybe ask before judging. My husband is protecting everyone with these measures, not himself. And the risks he’s taking, although minimal, he’s doing because his employees need the job and want to work.

Nothing you said changes the fact that your DH is putting his employees on a factory floor that he is unwilling to be on himself. That is elitist and disgusting.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sorry, I am not mom of 2 boys -- but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

Life is all about risk & benefit, right?

For my family, the risk of getting COVID while being at school in our home community with other students, is less of a concern than the benefit of getting an education which will help them develop into a happy, educated & good human beings.

But the risk of being at a large amusement part with others of unknown risk is more of a concern than the benefit of having some family entertainment. So no traveling for us.

Do you agree?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am I take it you will NOT be sending your kids to school in 6-8 weeks? You will be home schooling them yes?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 am I agree with you. I think it’s been proven that opening prematurely has been disastrous.
Personally, I’m still staying in. We’ve been breaking record numbers of cases where I live every day for the past week and THIS is the time when are things are “better”? 🙄
I understand many people need to take the risk to go to work and earn a living. My own husband has started going to the office for a few hours. But take the risk to get on Splash Mountain before they tear it down? Hell, no.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 am I cannot wrap my mind around social distancing at amusement parks. But I am sure there will be a whole generation of masked little girl & princess pics, lol.

But

Not to be the rain cloud on Monday morning, but the world is not going to be normal again for years. We are going to keep seeing illness and death as the virus continues infect millions of people. We can slow it down, but we can’t make it stop. That’s the sad truth, that no politician will say, “we cannot be closed forever, so we are opening things up, but based on current epidemiologica trends, we will have to accept that 4-5% of the Adult population will likely die, and at least another 5% or more will require prolonged medical care with chronic problems lifelong, as we continue to transmit the illness to the Majority of the population.”

They need to speak the truth so people understand the risks of these activities, in my opinion.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s not that he’s unwilling to be there himself. It’s that he’s keeping ALL areas separated. Factory workers aren’t going into the office either. It’s minimizing everyone’s contact. Why is that so hard to understand? What’s elitist about it? Because he works in an office and their work in a factory? Well, that’s the case always. Each has a job to do. The same job they had to do prior Covid 19, but now they have to avoid personal contact. Out of safety, not elitism. My husband isn’t more safe being in the office. We’re not talking about he being alone and protected there and 50-60 workers being out at risk all working together.
My husband even offered to provide private transportation for his workers so they don’t have to take public transportation and out themselves at risk. How’s that for caring for his workers well being? It costs money, and a time when production is already low precisely because he’s limiting contact between the different areas. One area of the factory is open, his office is open and the 2 don’t interact. For the safety of ALL.
If my DH didn’t give a crap, he would’ve fully opened the factory, all areas open to full capacity and he’ll be monitoring everything from home. Some of DHs clients have done exactly that. DH found that reprehensible and when his employees wanted to go to work, he made a complete safety plan for ALL, not for himself.
After all, couldn’t he get infected and then be the one passing it on to his workers if he dropped by the floor? Why is it so hard to understand that these are measures for everyone’s safety? Many workplaces nowadays limit interaction between different areas. It’s not to protect some, it’s to protect all.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:11 pm Actually the reason why he’s going to the factory is so that his employees can see that they’re there too. They’re all monitored for temperature at the entrance, DH included. He’s going because he knows it’s a morale booster when they see the owners there.

Nothing you said changes the fact that your DH is putting his employees on a factory floor that he is unwilling to be on himself. That is elitist and disgusting.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No no. I was asking her because she hides in her house and her dh just started leaving the house but I have seen her say previous that she will be sending her kids to school if they open up which makes no sense! She wants everything kept closed except she would have sent her kids out there to school? That's all. (she has since said her kids schools would now be kept closed so this is a moot point anyway now)
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:16 pm Sorry, I am not mom of 2 boys -- but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

For my family, the risk of getting COVID while being at school in our home community with other students, is less of a concern than the benefit of getting an education which will help them develop into a happy, educated & good human beings.

But the risk of being at a large amusement part with others of unknown risk is more of a concern than the benefit of having some family entertainment. So no traveling for us.

Do you agree?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:42 am I take it you will NOT be sending your kids to school in 6-8 weeks? You will be home schooling them yes?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 am I agree with you. I think it’s been proven that opening prematurely has been disastrous.
Personally, I’m still staying in. We’ve been breaking record numbers of cases where I live every day for the past week and THIS is the time when are things are “better”? 🙄
I understand many people need to take the risk to go to work and earn a living. My own husband has started going to the office for a few hours. But take the risk to get on Splash Mountain before they tear it down? Hell, no.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, ok, sorry I didn't understand your motive there.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:24 pm No no. I was asking her because she hides in her house and her dh just started leaving the house but I have seen her say previous that she will be sending her kids to school if they open up which makes no sense! She wants everything kept closed except she would have sent her kids out there to school? That's all. (she has since said her kids schools would now be kept closed so this is a moot point anyway now)
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:16 pm Sorry, I am not mom of 2 boys -- but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

Do you agree?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, yeah. I said I’ll be sending my kids to school if and when these schools state it is the appropriate time to do it. And precisely because I know I’m dealing with people who aren’t rushing into things and are taking sensible steps, I go by their decisions. TBH, if my kids were attending public school bullied by the government to open prematurely, I may have had to look into homeschooling for a while if things continue to develop as they are.
As it is, I count myself lucky that it’s not a conundrum I’ve been thrown into.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:24 pm No no. I was asking her because she hides in her house and her dh just started leaving the house but I have seen her say previous that she will be sending her kids to school if they open up which makes no sense! She wants everything kept closed except she would have sent her kids out there to school? That's all. (she has since said her kids schools would now be kept closed so this is a moot point anyway now)

Do you agree?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic