Other
15%

Total votes: 39
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 pm Admittedly, I don’t know much about the difference between race and ethnicity. I apologize in advance if this poll offends you or I don’t include a category that you fall into. I made it so you can pick more than one category if you are mixed. Really hoping I don’t offend anyone with this. I just wanted to see the numbers in a simple poll.
As a biracial person, I'm just asking for you reconsider the word "mixed", it is hurtful to a lot of biracial person because it is a term often associated with dogs. This is not meant to shame or lecture, just to inform.

As for race vs ethnicity, race is a label assigned by society that categorizes physical genetic features, such as skin color. Ethnicity is categorizing cultural expression, there are many ethnicities that fall under each race. For example, someone can be white and ethnically be Ashkenazi Jewish. I am racially white and asian and ethnically French, Japanese, Korean, and Ainu. This is different from nationality, what nation you are assigned to. My nationality is American.
I’m 2.0% Ashkenazi Jewish.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:43 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:23 am
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:05 am You didn’t put Nordic German. I can’t answer.
Racially you would be considered white... Just like on any other document that asks what your race is... You only get the ones in the poll. Ethnic wise you are Nordic German... Race and ethnicity are completely different
I always put other because I’m not willing to describe myself as crayon choice. Having me list my melanin level tells you nothing about me.

Having me list “Nordic German” tells you everything you need to know
Hahaha a crayon color haha. I don't understand where you're coming from and agree.
Locked Previous topicNext topic