Dh goes out of his way to brag about money and I am over it.

AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 am
AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 am

I dont know anyone else who has a gold card like ours. It is actually made of 24 carat gold or whatever. Really it is just a waste of money I think. Some of the perks are nice though
Sounds like your dh would benefit with financial planning classes and counseling.
We have a financial planner. They recommended the card because of the benefits. I just hate spending $1,000 a year just to use it.
I also mentioned that he could benefit from counseling. People who flash around wealth are typically very insecure and/or are bipolar.

I live in a very affluent area and know several people who are billionaires. They don’t flash their wealth at all. They wear regular clothes and drive regular cars. My former boss’ wealth is estimated at $3B and he drives a Chevy Volt.

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am I thought black cards were better. Aren't they the ones with no credit limit? I think my Dad had one
For mastercards at least (I have never had the others) the gold card is the best you can get. I dont really know what the difference is between the black and the gold card. I just know the gold card costs more each year. In the end they are just cards and not even a big deal.
Zoegirlsmom
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I hate people like that, I really do. I think talking about money is tacky and bragging is even worse.

Unread post

AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 am
AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

Sounds like your dh would benefit with financial planning classes and counseling.
We have a financial planner. They recommended the card because of the benefits. I just hate spending $1,000 a year just to use it.
I also mentioned that he could benefit from counseling. People who flash around wealth are typically very insecure and/or are bipolar.

I live in a very affluent area and know several people who are billionaires. They don’t flash their wealth at all. They wear regular clothes and drive regular cars. My former boss’ wealth is estimated at $3B and he drives a Chevy Volt.
Well my husband is not bipolar. I dont think he would consider counseling though.

We drive normal cars and wear regular clothes. Minus my DH's bragging you would not even know we had money.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 am
highlandmum wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

It is so annoying. A gold card isnt even as "cool" as it used to be. I think he likes that thing more than just about anything else.
Gold card/platinum cards are nothing now days. The only card that would make me look twice would be a American Express Centurion (the "black card").
We used to mastercard black card. The gold card is the next step up.
American Express Centurion cards are by invite only. The person has to spend $250,000 on the card in a given year and pay it off right away. Kind of in another universe from a gold card. It is one exclusive card.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 am
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am I thought black cards were better. Aren't they the ones with no credit limit? I think my Dad had one
For mastercards at least (I have never had the others) the gold card is the best you can get. I dont really know what the difference is between the black and the gold card. I just know the gold card costs more each year. In the end they are just cards and not even a big deal.
No Platinum cards are above the gold card in regards to MasterCard (at least in Canada). Platinum cards have higher limits, better rewards, better interest rates, but usually a higher annual fee.

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:14 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 am
highlandmum wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am

Gold card/platinum cards are nothing now days. The only card that would make me look twice would be a American Express Centurion (the "black card").
We used to mastercard black card. The gold card is the next step up.
American Express Centurion cards are by invite only. The person has to spend $250,000 on the card in a given year and pay it off right away. Kind of in another universe from a gold card. It is one exclusive card.
We got invited to use both the black card and the gold card. They are all exclusive cards ours are just through mastercard.

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:17 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 am
No Platinum cards are above the gold card in regards to MasterCard (at least in Canada). Platinum cards have higher limits, better rewards, better interest rates, but usually a higher annual fee.
I have not heard of the platinum card so that could be true. When we got the gold card I know it was the best at that time. If I was incorrect I apologize.

I do know that the gold card is a step up from the black card.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think it’s weird when people bring up how much money they make. Rich or poor, it’s none of my business and makes conversation awkward, because I’m surely not telling people what we make.

Unread post

How did you acquire such an income?
Locked Previous topicNext topic