Opinion...There won't be a coronavirus recovery unless we reopen schools now

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm waiting to see what the schools in my state have planned for the fall. I'm hoping everyone involved in the decision making uses their brain and remembers that the older students travel for academic and sports competitions, the entire high school band, and everything else I'm not thinking of right now. They can easily bring it back and it will go through the schools then through the rest of town. This is a small rural town with a very small, not well equipped hospital so that would be very bad. If there one thing that I've seen over and over again, it's that no one knows how anyone will react to the virus, how bad it will be for them, until they get it.

More people might have to finally start thinking outside the box with how to make money if schools don't open right away or if they do some hybrid program of days at school and days at home. One parent might have to stay home for a while, they can look at shift work, etc. I've seen one story after another about parents fortunate enough to be able to work from home, something I did for years while raising young kids and dealing with schoolwork, losing their minds and bringing in teenagers and even elderly family members to babysit because they can't pull it together. It's ridiculous at this point.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:35 pm A more serious argument for school closures is that while children may not get sick themselves, they can infect others. But do they?
The precise quote from Dr. Koch was:

" children are rarely infected and those who are infected rarely spread the virus "

(SOURCE)https://www.thelocal.ch/20200504/new-sw ... t-covid-19
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your quote is misleading. Dr Koch’s quote is his opinion DESPITE the Geneva and other studies re whether kids are truly spared from and are not transmitters of SARS CoV2.

From the very article you linked:

“Isabella Eckerle, one of the authors of the Geneva study, noted that "children have been particularly protected since the start of the epidemic and their contacts have been limited, this could partly explain why there is little evidence of transmission from them".

Additionally, here’s the title of your article:

“New Swiss studies cast doubts on theory children don't spread Covid-19“

Dated May Day, 2020.

Aletheia wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:07 pm
Mommamia wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:35 pm A more serious argument for school closures is that while children may not get sick themselves, they can infect others. But do they?
The precise quote from Dr. Koch was:

" children are rarely infected and those who are infected rarely spread the virus "

(SOURCE)https://www.thelocal.ch/20200504/new-sw ... t-covid-19
Locked Previous topicNext topic