I don't let others drive my car

Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My dh drives my suv all the time because I have the kids car seats. Although there is a booster in his car for the 5 year old. Only other adult I’ve ever let drive my vehicle was my nanny as again I have the car seats and she needed to be able to get the kids around. I only had the nanny a few months after shoulder surgery in July. so it’s a non issue now.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

If that's what makes you happy I'm happy for you.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

No one except my DH drives my car.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You stated that your insurance covers ONLY you. Yet as long as the other driver is insured themselves and has your permission it would be a non issue. Again, I am with you, I do t let others drive my car, but was curious of your response.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:50 pm When an insured drives someone else's vehicle, such as a rental car, a dealership loaner, or a friend's car, he is usually covered for liability insurance. ... As long as a driver has the vehicle owner's permission to operate the vehicle, the owner's policy will provide coverage no matter who the driver is.

So you must have a really crappy record and have a really crappy carrier!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Lol thanks anon 2, my insurance only covers me.
My insurance covers me for anything. Not sure about liability only for others but it isn't worth the risk of others driving it. I have nothing on my record.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have never heard of that and I don't know if my insurance allows that. Liability is not full coverage.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:43 pm You stated that your insurance covers ONLY you. Yet as long as the other driver is insured themselves and has your permission it would be a non issue. Again, I am with you, I do t let others drive my car, but was curious of your response.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:50 pm When an insured drives someone else's vehicle, such as a rental car, a dealership loaner, or a friend's car, he is usually covered for liability insurance. ... As long as a driver has the vehicle owner's permission to operate the vehicle, the owner's policy will provide coverage no matter who the driver is.

So you must have a really crappy record and have a really crappy carrier!

My insurance covers me for anything. Not sure about liability only for others but it isn't worth the risk of others driving it. I have nothing on my record.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Correct-liability covers the damage to another’s property caused by you.

Comprehensive covers your damage to your property if caused by you.

That’s the only difference-so full coverage covers your repair due to comprehensive coverage.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 pm I have never heard of that and I don't know if my insurance allows that. Liability is not full coverage.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:43 pm You stated that your insurance covers ONLY you. Yet as long as the other driver is insured themselves and has your permission it would be a non issue. Again, I am with you, I do t let others drive my car, but was curious of your response.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've got insurance with a major carrier, so anyone who uses my car with permission is covered. The cut rate insurance companies is where you usually have an issue. I'm not territorial about my car. I work out of my home, so I let my best friend use it to drive to work, otherwise it would grow cobwebs.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have more than one car and my husband will not drive any of them unless it's an emergency. I didn't set that boundary, he did. The same applies to his car.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't have that problem with my insurance, but I don't let anyone drive any of my cars either. My husband doesn't want it anyway because it's a stick and he's scared of it, and I plainly don't trust anyone else enough to lend them my car. I'm very particular and territorial about my cars. If I don't trust you to return it in EXACTLY the same condition you got it, you're not driving it and that's that.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don’t generally let people drive our vehicles, but my husband drives our car. We don’t really do the his and hers thing.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic