No one can tell me what is wrong with my low back/hip

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:11 pm Three chiropractors, two doctors
And all I’ve heard is “muscle pain”
It hurts more to sit and walk than it does to work out.
But it hurts constantly and has for years. Weight loss doesn’t help.
Have you had an MRI done on that area? Have you seen an orthopedic doctor that specializes in hips and back?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 pm Mine either. Sometimes it hurts really bad and other times it's fine. There is a certain position that I lay in that gives me a deep tickle in my hip bone. It is very uncomfortable and no one can tell me why.
That is a great explanation. Sometimes it feels better when my daughter sits on my low back or on my hip
You get that feeling too? I want to know what it is so badly. It is the strangest feeling. I also have days where I wake up and it hurts to even move it. It isn't because of strain or exercise either. It's just random.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:31 pm What kind of pain? Where is it located? Have you recently injured the area?
No I haven’t injured it, it feels like I need to pop my hip, some days it’s just an annoying ache and other times it’s so sore I’m limping and putting heat on it. It seems to flare up when I walk a lot or sit too much in one spot
I have that issue. My rheumatologist suspects RA on top of Sjogrens syndrome. I was in a pretty bad car accident years ago though and hurt my hip and lower back then. Physical therapy didn't help at all. If I sleep wrong it gets worse and after a few days of really bad pain it will pop if I angle it just right and the pain will ease up for awhile.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:31 pm What kind of pain? Where is it located? Have you recently injured the area?
No I haven’t injured it, it feels like I need to pop my hip, some days it’s just an annoying ache and other times it’s so sore I’m limping and putting heat on it. It seems to flare up when I walk a lot or sit too much in one spot
Sciatic nerve inflammation likely and probably arthritis.

Have you tried getting some muscle relaxers from your doctor?

Anti-inflammatory?

Have you tried physically therapy?

Have you tried a chiropractor?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Did you follow through with any one of the three chiropractor’s treatment plans, or just jump around? You have to follow the treatment plan outlined to see results. It’s generally not a one, two fix.
Also, honestly, as a woman who has run the gamut of weight, I can tell you that it does play a part in musculoskeletal issues.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 am
Sciatic nerve inflammation likely and probably arthritis.

Have you tried getting some muscle relaxers from your doctor?

Anti-inflammatory?

Have you tried physically therapy?

Have you tried a chiropractor?
I have an anti-inflammatory, it takes the edge off but the pain never goes away. I can’t take muscle relaxers, I have weird reactions to them.
I’ve tried chiropractors, not PT yet. That’s next I guess.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 am Did you follow through with any one of the three chiropractor’s treatment plans, or just jump around? You have to follow the treatment plan outlined to see results. It’s generally not a one, two fix.
Also, honestly, as a woman who has run the gamut of weight, I can tell you that it does play a part in musculoskeletal issues.
Yes I had 8 months with one chiropractor and did everything I was told and it still hurt. This is pain I’ve had for years.
I know weight can be a factor, but I’ve lost weight and gained weight and the pain is still the same. And if it’s weight, wouldn’t working out (bootcamp workouts) make it worse? And it doesn’t, walking and sitting can make it worse, it feels worse after shopping than after a workout.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You need an MRI. It could be many things where physical activity could make it worse. (or better).
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 am
HanSolo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 am Did you follow through with any one of the three chiropractor’s treatment plans, or just jump around? You have to follow the treatment plan outlined to see results. It’s generally not a one, two fix.
Yes I had 8 months with one chiropractor and did everything I was told and it still hurt. This is pain I’ve had for years.
I know weight can be a factor, but I’ve lost weight and gained weight and the pain is still the same. And if it’s weight, wouldn’t working out (bootcamp workouts) make it worse? And it doesn’t, walking and sitting can make it worse, it feels worse after shopping than after a workout.
Eight months? What were you told to do?
I agree with maybe you need an MRI. It also crossed my mind that it could be psychosomatic.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 am
Bubbs wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 am
Eight months? What were you told to do?
I agree with maybe you need an MRI. It also crossed my mind that it could be psychosomatic.
There were stretches and other activities (it was a few years ago)
And it’s definitely not psychosomatic it’s pain that I can recreate with certain movements even when I’m not having severe pain. It’s pain that I rarely talk about and that I don’t have time to nurse.
If my doctor will order an mri I can get one. Unless he waves me off and tells me to lose weight again
Locked Previous topicNext topic