I can't even go in my own backyard.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am
Poietes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am Call animal control every single time this do gets out of his yard. Every single time.
You are assuming animal control would even do something.
They kinda have to. If you show them proof the dog was in your yard with a video or pictures and show the damaged fence-they have to at least go over and talk to the owners and cite them or threaten to cite them or take the dog into custody
Pure ignorance. Where I live animal control only come out if they is suspicion of rabies. That is all they have funding for

They will say they can't come out for aggressive dogs. If someone is injured the police must be called
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 am

They kinda have to. If you show them proof the dog was in your yard with a video or pictures and show the damaged fence-they have to at least go over and talk to the owners and cite them or threaten to cite them or take the dog into custody
Pure ignorance. Where I live animal control only come out if they is suspicion of rabies. That is all they have funding for

They will say they can't come out for aggressive dogs. If someone is injured the police must be called
then your town sucks. In my town they will come out and if you show them proof the dog is off leash off their own property-they will issue a citation and/or take the dog into custody. I have gotten several citations issued onto other owners so I know they will do it
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 am

then your town sucks. In my town they will come out and if you show them proof the dog is off leash off their own property-they will issue a citation and/or take the dog into custody. I have gotten several citations issued onto other owners so I know they will do it
It is the whole area within hours of us. I agree it sucks but they are only allotted a small amount of money each year. Hopefully during the next vote we can get some more funding for them but it is what it is.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am Call animal control every single time this do gets out of his yard. Every single time.
This

I know that in my city, animal control would come out just for the barking.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Forget animal control because they're generally useless. Check your cities bylaws. I'm betting they have something written in the noise bylaws about uncontrolled barking. Bylaw enforcement seems to be a little more proactive about dealing with barking dogs. I'd go as far as going outside after dark and calling them from my backyard as the dog barks.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you tried animal control? Especially if the dog breaks through into your property, that can't be legal. They need to train their dog or lose it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Depends on the city I suppose. Our animal control is pretty good. We called on a group of 5 small dogs barking for half an hour straight at 2am. They came out and checked it out. I think they got a couple more calls on those same dogs over the next few weeks. It wasn't long after that those dogs weren't residing at that house anymore.
And if OP keeps calling every time it happens, they'll get tired of being called to the same residence and they'll do something.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pm
Depends on the city I suppose. Our animal control is pretty good. We called on a group of 5 small dogs barking for half an hour straight at 2am. They came out and checked it out. I think they got a couple more calls on those same dogs over the next few weeks. It wasn't long after that those dogs weren't residing at that house anymore.
And if OP keeps calling every time it happens, they'll get tired of being called to the same residence and they'll do something.
Or they will tell her they cant do anything and stop calling. I had that happen to me.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If they didn't and he broke into my yard I'd club him and claim he went for me or my cat. It's my word against theirs and he's broken through before. Heck my sons air soft gun would probably send it running too. I wouldn't care. Don't go after my cat or break through my gate.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What a rotten life for the poor dog. He's ignored and needing attention. He's probably just so damned happy to see people when he sees you and your dogs. These nitwits need to rehome this poor creature already.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic