Better than Nothing....or....Might as well not give anything?

cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your sister is an idiot. My son has 7 teachers and a bus driver, and they were so touched by his gift of a Hershey bar. A few of them said "You made my day!"

Tell your sister my story. She can argue all she wants, I'm guessing she likes doing this to generous people like you.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tell Little Miss Princess you would love to accept her cash donations for next year's gifts. Obviously she'll donate, since she was so invested in this.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like the Hershey bar idea! :) "Sweet."
cellomom26 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:35 pm Your sister is an idiot. My son has 7 teachers and a bus driver, and they were so touched by his gift of a Hershey bar. A few of them said "You made my day!"

Tell your sister my story. She can argue all she wants, I'm guessing she likes doing this to generous people like you.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ten dollars is ten dollars. I'll take ten dollars any day.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's more than a lot of kids give, I guarantee it. 10 dollars is very nice.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think she's tacky for saying that.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think a $10 gift card to somewhere that has items or beverages for $10 or less is great. I wouldn’t give someone a $10 gift card to a steakhouse or something like that.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

$10 gift card is a perfect option. My daughter's combined have 14 teachers, so we baked on Saturday. 3 types of cookies and 3 breads. Each teacher got 1 dozen cookies (4 of each type), 3 mini loaves of bread ( 1 of each type) and something for their classrooms. We have never had a teacher complain that a student brought them something. Some years we do fruit/veggies baskets instead of baked goods, depending on the teacher's likes. There were several students who brought in a candy bar for each teacher or a bag of chips. Our teachers were just thankful to be thought of.
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:51 pm I think a $10 gift card to somewhere that has items or beverages for $10 or less is great. I wouldn’t give someone a $10 gift card to a steakhouse or something like that.
That is a valid point. I have always done Walmart/Target/coffee shop/Visa gift cards. I suppose it might be a little strange if you got a gift card for an amount that can't actually purchase anything like a $10 gift card to a fancy steakhouse.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As the wife of a teacher, I can assure you that most will appreciate whatever gift they are given.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic