Now that she had her baby SM is constantly bitching about my kids having their own rooms

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Exactly.
luvthagirl wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 pm How in the world did The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, and The Waltons ever survive???

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 pm

I would never have more kids than I would have rooms for them.
They didn't get the courts involved, it was handled like adults
Anonymous 9

Unread post

She can have a nursery for her baby. Your kids just won't come over anymore. Because that's what you want right? For your kids to only want you and not see their dad. f**k him and his new wife.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

So...7 kids would need to share 4 bedrooms. Definitely doable.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:26 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:24 pm How many bedrooms are in the house?
5 bedroom. 7 kids plus SM and my ex live there
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You seem to have no problem defending your children's wants. If that's what they want, take it to court and have them stay with you. Problem solved.

At 15 and 16 years old, I'm sure they don't feel like been carted back and forth between one week at mom's and then the next week at dad's. Get the custody situation changed. Problem solved.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:17 pm You love to make shit up

No one is saying he won't ever see the kids. They still want to go there just not sleep there
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:15 pm Forced to AFTER his circumstances changed. Again with that really hard concept to comprehend. When you both agreed to it in the CO his circumstances were different. He could afford to do that. Things change, now he can’t so his opinion about how important it is changed. After all, it wasn’t a big deal to force her kids to give up their rooms and share so that your snowflake kes wouldn’t have to.
By now he is indeed being forced to agree if he wants to see his children. But you’re already planning to take that away from him too, poor guy. I guess him having another baby really fanned that bitterness.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:08 pm He wasnt forced to agree to it. We both wanted it in the CO. We have never had issues with coparenting before this not even with his second wife and her kids

There are parts of the CO that I do not like but I am on his side anyway.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm glad someone finally said this! I was going to say that about 6 pages ago! :lol:
sheramom4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:40 pm I am not bitching at them.

It is never okay to intentionally bitch at children IMO. They dont have control over any of this.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:39 pm Well... in the same world that it’s OK for you to be a bitch to your ex and his wife, I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️
I honestly can’t blame her for being resentful. She’s probably doing better than I would if I had to sacrifice a nursery for my baby over 2 spoiled brats and their bitter mommy.

Sure they do....they are damn near adults. They could have offered to share a room. They could have come to their dad with suggestions like converting a dining room into an additional bedroom. They do have a say. Hell they could say "mom, we are okay sharing at dad's house." All mature responses from almost adult children.
And they are SOL when it comes to college. Dorm rooms are tiny and involve sharing. Most first apartments are tiny and involve sharing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:18 pm So...7 kids would need to share 4 bedrooms. Definitely doable.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:24 pm How many bedrooms are in the house?
More like 5 kids share 2 bedroom since cher kids get there own room
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:34 pm
jas wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm If you were still a family and ran out of rooms with a new baby, I bet they would be sharing then. To expect they maintain their separate bs with another member of the house is ludicrous. You're teaching the wrong message.
I would never have more kids than I would have rooms for them.
I bet you never thought you’d have kids who have to trek back and forth between two households but you do. I think what room they sleep in is the least of their problems.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

This. This! A THOUSAND TIMES...THIS!

I wonder if original poster realizes how much she is hurting her children by doing this. Rather than helping them to adjust, it seems to me that she may even cause them to hyper focus on real or perceived "injustices" that they may or may not be encountering as a result of dad remarrying.

Rather than being the person that could help them to be as happy as possible during this time, she may be the one person that causes them to develop feelings of sadness, anger, and resentment. Those feelings of sadness, anger, and resentment will stick with these kids long after the custody arrangement is behind them and they will creep into every single relationship that they have.

Is that really what you want for your kids? Don't make a sucky situation worse for your kids. Talk them through this. HELP them through this. Don't help them to develop feelings of anger towards their father. Help them to remain feeling good about the relationship they have with their father. If you say or do anything that gets in the way of that, you (not their step mother or even their father) are depriving your children!

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm My 2 issues are these:
First, SMs kids live there full time. So in reality the “owners” of the rooms were those kids. And yet, they were forced to give up their rooms to share between them so that the kids that are only there half the time have their own room. Sorry, that’s not fair on any household. The only reason those kids are forced to do that is OPs “court order” that she hangs on to as if it was gospel.
And second, OPs attitude. She could understand that circumstances have changed for her ex and have a more understanding attitude, talk to her children about having to make a little sacrifice and how it’s not that big of a deal. Instead, she chose to hang on the her court order as if her life depended on it and chose to make the living situation there uncomfortable and complicated. She’s coming off as petty, bitter and vindictive.
She holds all the cards and instead of using them to promote a better relationship and an easier time for them all, she’s using to screw up her ex and his new wife and create resentment in her children.
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:55 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm I think she is saying that her kids are 1 boy and 1 girl.

Well I wouldn't want two opposite S*x teen siblings to share a room although I have with my brother temporally in hotels and such. It's not a big deal. But the toddler can go with the baby or the pre-k kids can double up. Not sure why this is such an issue but whatever.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I wonder if that sounds as blatantly unfair to HER as it does to you and I! :lol:

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:44 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:18 pm So...7 kids would need to share 4 bedrooms. Definitely doable.

More like 5 kids share 2 bedroom since cher kids get there own room
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

At some point, the kids will be old enough to decide if they want to visit their dad......can go back to court for that event, I suppose, although Ibthink it is rather entitled of them to bot share rooms while they are at their dad's, and it using the kid's as pawns not wanting to find something that works, that everybody can agree on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic