Now that she had her baby SM is constantly bitching about my kids having their own rooms

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:55 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm I think she is saying that her kids are 1 boy and 1 girl.

Well I wouldn't want two opposite S*x teen siblings to share a room although I have with my brother temporally in hotels and such. It's not a big deal. But the toddler can go with the baby or the pre-k kids can double up. Not sure why this is such an issue but whatever.
It sounds like the kids arw doubling up already for the step kids. My kids boy and girl one who is an adult are sharing a room because we don't have enough rooms here. Sharing room girl / boy isn't the end of the world.
It's not terrible as an occasional thing. Either they change in the bathroom or take turns changing in the bedroom. A divider could be used as well. Hell the first 3 months of his life my baby was in a bassinet in my room. Often during The day i roiled it into the living room so he was near where i worked. The sm doesn't need a nursery immediately but even if she wants it surely something could be worked out.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My 2 issues are these:
First, SMs kids live there full time. So in reality the “owners” of the rooms were those kids. And yet, they were forced to give up their rooms to share between them so that the kids that are only there half the time have their own room. Sorry, that’s not fair on any household. The only reason those kids are forced to do that is OPs “court order” that she hangs on to as if it was gospel.
And second, OPs attitude. She could understand that circumstances have changed for her ex and have a more understanding attitude, talk to her children about having to make a little sacrifice and how it’s not that big of a deal. Instead, she chose to hang on the her court order as if her life depended on it and chose to make the living situation there uncomfortable and complicated. She’s coming off as petty, bitter and vindictive.
She holds all the cards and instead of using them to promote a better relationship and an easier time for them all, she’s using to screw up her ex and his new wife and create resentment in her children.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:15 pm I think she is saying that her kids are 1 boy and 1 girl.
BionicBunny wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:14 pm Probably. I’m confused about one thing though. Isn’t this two teen boys? She quoted me and said something about a teen boy and teen girl.

Well I wouldn't want two opposite S*x teen siblings to share a room although I have with my brother temporally in hotels and such. It's not a big deal. But the toddler can go with the baby or the pre-k kids can double up. Not sure why this is such an issue but whatever.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Op, you are ridiculous. Get this shit taken out of your court order, or just drop the subject and let the kids share somehow. tell your teens to suck it up. They have other kids in their family now and they will have to make some sacrifice, that is life. Let your ex and his wife find an arrangement that works as far as who will share, and quit stressing about it. I shared a room for the 1st time at 15 with a 5 year old step sibling. It was fine. Your kids will be fine, too.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm My 2 issues are these:
First, SMs kids live there full time. So in reality the “owners” of the rooms were those kids. And yet, they were forced to give up their rooms to share between them so that the kids that are only there half the time have their own room. Sorry, that’s not fair on any household. The only reason those kids are forced to do that is OPs “court order” that she hangs on to like if it was gospel.
And second, OPs attitude. She could understand that circumstances have changed for her ex and have a more understanding attitude, talkmto her children about having to make a little sacrifice and how it’s it that big of a deal. Instead, she chose to hang on the her court order as if her life depended on it and chose to make the living situation there uncomfortable and complicated. She’s coming off as petty, bitter and vindictive.
She holds all the cards and instead of using them to promote a better relationship and an easier time for them all, she’s using to screw up her ex and his new wife and create resentment in her children.

Well it's MC land. No one ever works things out here. My sons used to share a one bedroom apartment with their father so I don't disagree. Now granted they're all male and it was eowe but they made it work. The longest they ever stayed there was a week I believe.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Couldn’t agree more!
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm My 2 issues are these:
First, SMs kids live there full time. So in reality the “owners” of the rooms were those kids. And yet, they were forced to give up their rooms to share between them so that the kids that are only there half the time have their own room. Sorry, that’s not fair on any household. The only reason those kids are forced to do that is OPs “court order” that she hangs on to like if it was gospel.
And second, OPs attitude. She could understand that circumstances have changed for her ex and have a more understanding attitude, talkmto her children about having to make a little sacrifice and how it’s it that big of a deal. Instead, she chose to hang on the her court order as if her life depended on it and chose to make the living situation there uncomfortable and complicated. She’s coming off as petty, bitter and vindictive.

Well it's MC land. No one ever works things out here. My sons used to share a one bedroom apartment with their father so I don't disagree. Now granted they're all male and it was eowe but they made it work. The longest they ever stayed there was a week I believe.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 8

Unread post

4 bedrooms for 7 kids should work. New children should be in the parents room for a while.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:11 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:01 pm

It sounds like the kids arw doubling up already for the step kids. My kids boy and girl one who is an adult are sharing a room because we don't have enough rooms here. Sharing room girl / boy isn't the end of the world.
It's not terrible as an occasional thing. Either they change in the bathroom or take turns changing in the bedroom. A divider could be used as well. Hell the first 3 months of his life my baby was in a bassinet in my room. Often during The day i roiled it into the living room so he was near where i worked. The sm doesn't need a nursery immediately but even if she wants it surely something could be worked out.
No she doesn't but her baby won't always be a baby and if the other kids are already doubling uo and if she is pregnant again then op kids need to double up too
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:38 pm That’s why I don’t buy that for a second.

Let’s use some common sense, so seriously? OP’s throwing a fit over sharing a room, but meh, name calling her children isn’t a reason to go to court? BS. She herself said that the kids have no problem going to daddy’s, they just don’t want to sleep there. Really? Kids want to go where they’ve repeteadly been called “douchebags”? A..ha... So sharing a room is a huge no-no, being called “douchebags”... oh, that’s not as bad as say... sharing a room!
She’s just saying that because this post isn’t going as she expected and since we only have her side of things, it’s easy to make up stuff to get more sympathy. But if you read her initial post, she never mentions SM bitching or calling them names. She just made that up so SM looks like the bitch instead of her.
Valentina327 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm
luvthagirl wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:31 pm

And what GOOD DAD allow it???
Even more confounding.
Typical troll MO, start adding dramatic details that were conveniently left out of the OP .
Anonymous 2

Unread post

How many bedrooms are in your ex husband's house?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:27 pm There are my two kids 15 year old boy and 16 year old girl. SM has four kids from previous relationships and the new baby that her and my ex share.

My kids are not close with their step siblings. They are toddlers/ preschool age. As far as I know some are still not sleeping all the way through the night.

If it was up to them they would go to their dads and just come to my house to sleep but he isnt okay with that. I havent created anything. SM is creating that strain.
BionicBunny wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:23 pm So what’s the situation here? They want the teen girl to share with the teen boy? I would say no to that, but... if they have a younger child there needing to share with one of the teens, like a younger boy share with the teen boy or a younger girl share with the teen girl then that’s the solution right there. And as a compromise they can ask to spend less time there so they don’t have to share a room 50% of the time. If it’s that big of a deal. Either way, there needs to be a compromise met and you need to let this happen and stop fighting the SM and their dad over this. You are creating a strain on your kids relationship with their dad. That strain can go into adulthood and trust me when they are adults it doesn’t matter if they shared a room with a sibling as a kid. Are you willing to risk your kids relationship with their father and just spoil your kids to where they can’t cope in the real world when they are adults? Do something that will really benefit your kids and teach them compromise.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 pm One boy one girl.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

2 kids bitching shouldn't mean that the needs of 5 other children should go ignored either. The needs of all the kids in the house must be considered.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:07 pm SM was like 8 months pregnant at that time. So even when circumstances changed he was still insistent that the kids have their own rooms

The only thing that actually changed was the level of bitching. one person bitching shouldnt mean everything has to change.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:06 pm Because circumstances changed. Why is that such a hard concept for you to grasp? When a person faces a change in their circumstances, they may change their opinions and views about things. In fact, it’s the normal and rational thing to do. Only an idiot faces a change in circumstances and is determined to stick with his ideas from before that are no longer viable.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:00 pm

My ex was backing it until SM was bitching. Even when she moved in
Locked Previous topicNext topic