Man finds 7.5 million dollars in storage unit he bought for $500

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Me Too....I wouldnt have said one word to anyone......ever!!!
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:31 pm I wouldn't have said a word. Then kept the cash for myself.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

First, I wonder how someone with that kind of hidden cash would fail to keep payments on the unit up to date. I mean it takes a while before it goes to the auction block.

Second, legally the new owner of the unit does not have to return the safe/money. While I would not keep all of it, I would not have settled for $1.2million. That is 16% percent. I would be willing to return half - no less.

And finally, as someone pointed out, it is suspicious that such a large sum of money is squirreled away in a safe in a storage unit. I would want to make sure that it is legitimate money so that I would not get in trouble with the law or IRS.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

There's a reason they didn't put that money in the bank. I'd give it back just to avoid ending up on someone's hit list.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm There's a reason they didn't put that money in the bank. I'd give it back just to avoid ending up on someone's hit list.

I had the same thought lol. If I were to keep it I'd be moving somewhere far far away!
RedBottoms

Unread post

Okay so side question: So say you found that money-would you have to report it to IRS? Or would they seize it if they thought it was drug money etc? I would be FINE paying taxes on it if I found it and all that but I would be pissed if they tried to take it and say well it was drug money so you can't have it or something like that.

So then it would end up being the same situation where I have to hide it and just use it sparingly to not get it seized or something

Which is maybe what they were doing. I could do that. Just knowing I had the money and could use it reasonably and not draw suspicion. I could never tell anyone though. I would not even tell my BFFs or my mom etc.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm There's a reason they didn't put that money in the bank. I'd give it back just to avoid ending up on someone's hit list.
this would concern me too. Not sure how to handle it because I would not want to move away and change my name etc but I might have to
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would have kept my pie hole shut forever!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hell no I wouldn't have given any of it back.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:03 pm If it was legally my money, I wouldn't have said a damned thing to anyone. I feel for the person who's friend's wife decided to blab.

I would keep my mug shut and enjoy my newly acquired millions.
Seriously-that was my first thought. I'd strangle whoever blabbed and started thewhole thing.

How do you forget you have that kind of money stashed in a locker anyway? Odd.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:26 pm Hell no I wouldn't have given any of it back.
Imagine the lawsuit though. I'm sure counsel advised him just to give him the 1.2 and be done with the whole thing. Boneheads.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic