Woman At Center of Texas Abortion Case Getting Procedure Out of State

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

I think many Christians, especially fundamental and some evangelical Christians, say they are pro-life but what they mean are they are pro-souls and this is much harder to challenge than simply valuing life as the soul or potential for being saved (and potentially raptured) is more important than the living body. This desire to save souls rather than life is a driving force ranging from their missionary work to gun violence and abortion rights and how do you argue that the presently living are more important or equally important than potential souls?

I remember reading an article years ago where the question was asked, "if you had a choice between your child dying now and being assured of going to heaven or your child living to old age and not, what would you choose?" The result among Christians was overwhelmingly dying now. While this seems unthinkable to those who don't believe or necessarily believe in salvation, it is a firmly held belief by many and again, how do you argue with that?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The Daily podcast had an episode about this, with an interview they had with Kate the night before her first hearing. It was hard to listen to (I cried listening to her, and about how sad and awful everything about this sounds), but I’m glad I did: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/14/podc ... n-ban.html
Locked Previous topicNext topic